Too Cold for Walleye? Too Cold for Walleye? Too Cold for Walleye? Too Cold for Walleye?
    osp828 Guest

Default Too Cold for Walleye?

Did anyone have any luck on Wednesday (4-30) for Walleye in the Western Basin. We fished near Locust Point, near K Can, for 4 hours and didn't catch a Walleye. We were using hair jigs, worm harnesses, even erie deeries and gold nuggets. Didn't see any other boats netting any either. I know it was cold but did anyone else do any good Wednesday? What were we doing wrong?

Default fishing 5/1/08

friends
    of mne fished by the candian border on 5/1/08,put in at mizaraks. caught a 3 man limit of 3 to 8 pounders.fished 4 oz.bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses. fished locust on wed caught 2 fish all day.

Rod Bender Guest

Default Too Cold?

It's been slowing down this week from what I hear. I'm not so sure the walleye aren't in the so called transitional period after the spawn. The peak of the spawn is long gone. Give it a week or two, it'll pick back up.

Bender

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

I agree with Rod Bender the transition can be tough.I never know if I should use the jig box or the trolling box or the casting box,or all three.

Water Fox Guest

Default Rod Bender & Erie Rebel said it right!

It can be a tough time to catch fish.Right after the spawn it seems like they aquire lock jaw.Often times they do bite good but the bite is often short lived during the day and if you are not right there when it happens.Your done.It will improve but this cold front will but them done for a little while.Give it a little time and the bite will come back.