Opinion - Better GPS/Fish Finder? Opinion - Better GPS/Fish Finder? Opinion - Better GPS/Fish Finder? Opinion - Better GPS/Fish Finder?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinion - Better GPS/Fish Finder?

Humminbird HD or Lorance HD?

Why?
    Last edited by PZeiler; 06-22-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

my dad and i have one of each.. they arent brand new maybe 1-2 years old. we use them both at the same time however we found that the humminbird is more sensitive than the lowrance. the humminbird will show fish on the screen but when you look over at the lowrance it might just show a little pile of bait fish or nothing at all. so wen we do find the fish we have to turn it off because it will drive you crazy. we have always ued humminbirds in the past. i personally like the lowrance better. i think it gives a more true bottom picture and more acurate echo return on fish.. wether they are suspended or layin in the mud. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

I have the new 2011 Humminbird HD SI Combo. I love the down imaging and side imaging amazing picture like images. It is so realistic that it will amaze you. This unit does it all and more. It is the easiest unit I have ever used. The Switchfire sonar technology is an awesome fish finding tool. The one touch, preset buttons are great. With the use of the Navionics makes this an unbeatable unit. The pixel clarity and color are unbeatable. Before I owned the Humminbird, I had a Lowrance HD and liked it until I made the switch. Both are great units, but I prefer the Humminbird hands down. Do your homework and pick the right unit for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback thus far. My wife bought a Humminbird yesterday for my birthday. I have been looking at the Lowrance since spring. How do the units compare when the boat is moving? Is there a speed at which the accuracy of the picture is lost?

As far as the side imaging, do you use it on Lake Erie?