Docking at Lake Erie Docking at Lake Erie Docking at Lake Erie Docking at Lake Erie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    DIRTYmon Guest

Default Docking at Lake Erie

Hey all.

Been tracking this forum for several weeks now. Just signed up. Great info here.

I bought me an old 22ft. Deep-V - 275hp (1988) just before winter. Getting her ready to put in.

Does anyone have any suggestions for seasonal docking for a guy that's on a budget ? I just need something basic that gives me access to the islands and the reefs that lie to the west.

Is there anyone that allows you to pay on a month-by-month basis ?

Post Thanks / Like

Your options are endless for docking. The least expensive I know of is $750 and the sky is the limit. Different marinas have their own policies on payment. I am moving this year from Brand's dry dock in Port Clinton (they allow monthly payments and are wonderfull people) to Foxhaven, one of the farthest marinas north on Catawba just off 53. $850 is the fee for a 30 ft concrete drive up dock. I have to move as I now have a 27ft Tiara that is too much for rack storage. They want their payment early in the season. Foxhaven is a 2 minute idol into the lake. 11 miles from Niagra reef 6 miles from Kelly's and a 5 or 6 miles from the Bass Islands.

jbrown Guest

My dad docks his boat at Wild Wings every year. I think its either 8 or $900 bucks for the season. Not sure if they take monthly or not. But i think its prolly one the best for getting out to the reefs and the firing range cans. Their floating docks are really nice too.

eez Guest

I have docked at menke's west for three years. I think it was $525 last year. Have not signed up this year yet. Location is nice. straight out to West Sister. Clost to the gravel pit. Not that bad of a run to the Toledo channel. The reefs are a bit farther (about 12 miles I think).

Slips size should be adequate for your boat.

eez

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dock at Anchor Point ( same channel as Meinke west ) I will rent it or sell it cheap.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Here is one more option for you.Turtlecreek Campground has dry storage as well as slips about two hundred yards from their four hole ramp.As long as you drive a vehicle capable of launching your boat the fee is quite a bit cheaper.just west of Wildwings with better facilities.Just around the corner from the happy Hooker baitshop.Dave and company at the Hooker will let you know where and how.

Water Fox Guest

Default Docks

I have had floating Dock at Wild Wings and Dry Docks at Turtle Creek.I like Turtle Creek the best first class operation and friendly poeple.This is the Marina I'm located at close to the reefs and straight out to West Sister.Contact me if you need any info.I know dry dock is $250.00season they do have floaters monthly price but if you fish more than 2months a season it is cheaper to get it for the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Default docking

we have docked our boat for years at lamberjacks. we got a 25 foot floater for $750 (all year). very short river run up turtle creek and your right on the lake. 8 miles to west sister and its not bad to toledo water intake or the gravel pit. the reefs are right out in front. we are just west of wild wings. there isnt electric at the docks but they have a fish cleaning station right by the ramps. hope you find this helpful and i hope you find wat your lookin for.

Post Thanks / Like

Default docking

we are at wild wings, 660 a year for a floater. easy access to the reefs and beyond................. i dont know why that other guy said his dad pays 900 a year. its not that much unless your a charter

eez Guest

Default go time

email me re your dock..

[email protected]

Thanks