Firing Range F Can, Crib Reef, Round Reef Firing Range F Can, Crib Reef, Round Reef Firing Range F Can, Crib Reef, Round Reef Firing Range F Can, Crib Reef, Round Reef

Default Firing Range F Can, Crib Reef, Round Reef

Have been hearing scattered reports about this area producing some walleye, although i'm sure its not many. if anyone has fished this recently or has heard anything, PLEASE POST! Would like to fish this area one day before i give up all hope and make the trip out to North Bass and beyond

Check your pm.

Default What is a PM???

I have heard of people sending a PM but I do not know what it is. Eyecrazy, sent a reply to check his PM. I am going to try to head out on Sat as long as the weather stays good. I was heading to Niagra area. Any other good spots sound good. I will be trolling and casting if I have too. I will be on channel 68. I am taking my family out probably for the last time. I would be glad to let anybody know how we are doing. Life of Riley

PM is private message. if you look at the top right of your screen under the banner. you will see the "Welcome and your screen name". just below that you will see "private messages" from there you can read your private messages. to send a private message, click on someones screen name. a drop down window appears and one of the choices is to send a private message. click on that and type then send your PM.
    hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
    Have been hearing scattered reports about this area producing some walleye, although i'm sure its not many. if anyone has fished this recently or has heard anything, PLEASE POST! Would like to fish this area one day before i give up all hope and make the trip out to North Bass and beyond
    "although i'm sure its not many", come on man, don't be so negative. I have been fishing the area between Niagara, Crib, Flat Rock, Round and D Can with limits and good success since the water cleared. I doubt that you have heard any walleye reports around F can though this time of year. The fish are there in the reefs, you just have to fish for them. I have caught them both casting and trolling the area. Mainly catching with spoons while trolling. Casting we have done well when the drift is good. Hammer gold weapons. some days dead on the bottom, some days high in the water. You just have to figure out what they want on any given day or any given hour if conditions change. They won't jump in your boat just because you are there.

appreciate the input boca....i think i'm going to give the area a try tomorrow. wasnt trying to be negative, was just expressing that the number of fish there may not be as great as the canadian line. i agree though, really is a matter of trying different things to find out where they are in the water column each day. i'll post my report from tomorrow

That enrire area should be holding fish and will into July. The reef complex around the impact area is shallower mud bottom and also the area where the majority of the may flies crawl around on the bottom as larvae then rise to the surface, shed their husk and fly away. During the hatch, fish gorge on the may flies. I have had tremendous success in the impact area C,D can to Niagra and on a line toward Green to Rattlesnake. From the dates of mid June through early July- fish will be there. I have had phenominal fishing and had to raise my kicker repeatedly to clear mayfly sheds. Trolling IMO is easier to catch during the hatch. Also, fish tend to love copper and gold colors during the hatch. Speeds up to 2.5 work fine. Don't get frustrated. If you are new to trolling, it will take time but you will figure it out. Vital tools are line counters. If you dont have them, measure the amount of line released as your level wind (line guide) passes your spool. Ie each time my ambassador passes down and back is 10 ft. 10 times =100 ft. Jets work on a rule of 100 at a speed of 2mph. If you have a 40 jet, troll 2mph and let out 100 ft of line, you should be near 40 ft down. 50 ft out, should be 20 down,,,if you are <2mph then you will run shallower. IE A 40 jet, 50ft of line out at 2.5 mph will have you down around 17 deep. You will get it down and rake them in..... I ALWAYS run deep crank baits this time of year. The fish suspend and crush them. Good luck