Wow what a week.. Wow what a week.. Wow what a week.. Wow what a week..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow what a week..

We had some incrediable days and some average days during the last week... some days we averaged 10 fish per hour and some days 3 fish per hour. Everyday an average of 18 sheephead per hour and they are getting bigger. All of our coolers were super nice and heavy.. Fished mostly between the islands near the canadian border worked small pods of active fish over really hard.. Their is an incrediable amount of bait out their and we caught just about every spieces of bait.. I have never seen such active eyes. I can tell you this they dont want to be netted.. A small percentage of fish had bait in their bellys. The rest of them were empty. I think it is about to turn on really soon.. I am marking large amounts of eyes everywhere.. Good luck out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Slayin and filletin.... Great work captain. I'm going to hit it hard this Sat-Wed then I am doing a fliy-in trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coming down on Sat 18

I will be going out on Sat. 18th and it will be last time our for me and my family. I only made it out one day so far this year. I have a bad back and it will need to be fuzzed one week from Friday. I hope to catch my limit. Skipper9, any good advice where to go, you give out good information. I am also going to retire at the end of this month so I hope to find out where I can get my Captains license from the Coast Guard. I hope to get this some time during the winter. I also would like to meet up with some of you captains, I make my own crawler harnesses and would like to share them with you. Well good luck with you captains the rest of year and same some for me next year.

Thanks

Life of Riley

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you run from and that will help with which direction you should go. I am west of the islands and we have been going NW across the shipping channel near Michigan waters.

Post Thanks / Like

What method of fishing will you doing on saturday? Casting , trolling, drifting? I would go to a diffrent sot for each type of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Skipper 9 Get your P fixed

Post Thanks / Like

That side of the keyboard on my pphone is a pain.. Fish tales I quess you slayed them by that voicmail I got? LOL. are you ready for saturday am?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Sat. 18

I am going out of Ankor Point. I usually troll with my colerado Blades. I have every color that I need and use 1 to 3 oz. bottom bouncer. I have just bought a big case of several kinds of stick baits and diferent lures. I have not used them yet because I don't know how to use them as far as the speeds and depths. I have a book of speeds and depths that I bought, but I usually use the crawler harness. I hope to learn on how to start using diferent kinds of lures. I also have several kinds of weapons. I also bought several spoons. I usually fish around islands and reefs. I only caught 6 fish around A can the last time I was out, my son caught a 30 lber and my nephew caught a 27 lber. Thanks

Life of Riley

Post Thanks / Like

The mayflys have not hit the island area yet so they are still chasing bait fish here. It seems that most of the base of the balls are around 17 foot down and I am marking eyes at 22 foot down directly below the bait balls so I have been fishing a spoon (michigan scorpion yeager bomb)at 18 foot down to represent a singled out bait fish and it has been working well. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, great report. I'll be up 25th thru 27th to do some trolling. What color is Yeager Bomb? Having a hard time locating it on the net. Hope to get on some fish.
    Last edited by ReelTime; 06-16-2011 at 09:39 AM.