Monday Round Reef Report Monday Round Reef Report Monday Round Reef Report Monday Round Reef Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Round Reef Report

Charter fished Monday with three freinds, my nephew, and our Captain. We started on Niagra reef drift/casting and bouncers out, pulled one Eye, bunch of Sheephead. Got report from Captain's son, who was Captain of the second boat on our charter, that they were knocking the Walleye silly on Round Reef. Mid-morning we putted down to the reef, and set up casting/drifting. Took us a while to "dial them in", but ended up at three o'clock with 22 in the box. Great day on the lake. Two day total 96 fish between two boats, ten guys, one first mate, two captains. Nicest fish of the two days: 27 3/4" caught by the OTHER boat. Oh well, that one cost me $5. Both my nephew and I boated Walleye in the 25" plus category. Sure tickled me to see him get that one. I took my 25 and 1/2 incher on a bouncer, so...almost don't count.

Post Thanks / Like

never fished in that area, nut isnt round reef in the so called danger zone? if so how do people fish in there? dont they partole it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Danger zone Range II

Round reef is in danger zone range II of the firing range. Danger zone range I is typically the only zone in use and patrolled. I have never seen range II ever closed. I am sure that it happens, but I haven't ever seen it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LUNKER21 View Post
    never fished in that area, nut isnt round reef in the so called danger zone? if so how do people fish in there? dont they partole it ?

Danger zone 1 is inside/below the half circle of dashes near the bottom of this picture. Round reef is in danger zone 2 as bocajemma says.

http://www.wbsa.us/denied/map.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

thank you, i can see it now, never knew that, i have always fished around the islands