coming down this sat. june 18. coming down this sat. june 18. coming down this sat. june 18. coming down this sat. june 18.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default coming down this sat. june 18.

i live in MI. about an hour and half away from bolles harbor which is where i have been putting in at. mainly fishing the dumping grounds and by the fermi(sp) plant. i am a total novice when it comes to lake erie walleye. i think i'm going to try and fish around the islands in ohio water. i found this board and i had to join. lots of good tips and it is greatly apreciated i'll post a report on how i do. is their a closer public boat launch i could go out of though so i don't have the long hall to where i will be fishing? thanks
    kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Smile walleyes right on ohio mich line

the walleyes are stack right on the mich. ohio line from
    toledo no. 2 light to michigan waters, I would go out of bolles or a marina close to it and head out, trolling or drifting and bottom bouncers are working, gold and purple are the colors of choice with a third being cooper. Capt. Mike Reel Sport Charters

Post Thanks / Like

Just watch for debris while you are out in that area. Thers has been alot of stuff floating at or just under the surface. Nothing will mess up a day on the lake like a bent prop or cracked hull.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like

one more quick thing when everyone talks about 40 jets. this is a michigan stinger spoon right? what size is this spoon? their is four different sizes. thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile jets ansewrered

first of all the jets are a diving device to get your lures down,
    the spoons are michigan stingers the small size, if your not equip. to troll, I just came back from the boat, the other charters that casted today came in with 20 to 24 walleyes,
    mayfly rigs gold no. 5 spinners right on bottom, close to red and white No. 2 bouy out of maumee river channel, seems like everyone is running to this side of lake. Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

thank you wayne. i have alot to learn to do to be able to troll effectivley. i have planer boards that are store bought that do ok. i think i might make some up because if the rollers are over three feet i can't troll with them. the planer board line is not tight enough and with the big rollers the line gets alot of slack and then tightens again with the waves. so if i make some up and add weight i think that would help?

i have mainly fished bottom bouncers trolling and have done ok. alot of sheephead and white bass though.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile planer boards

It could be that your mask line is to low for one, try raising it
    esp. if it dragging in the water.

Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, I am just giving a another point of view. The pproblem you are having can be solved by adding a snubber to your boards and keeping the planner board line as low as possiable. The higher the planner board line up on the boat the more the planner boards will pull tight and slack causing the planner board to come out of the water. Next time you are out in the water watch your gunnel does not roll as much as the top of the mask the higher on the boat you go up the more you will have problems if you want you can call me and I will tell you how I solved the problems I can troll up to 6 foot waves with the proper setup.