Lake Erie Lake Erie Lake Erie Lake Erie

Thread: Lake Erie

Default Lake Erie

Went out on the Big Lake 4/27&4/28 to try my luck; drove all the way from Chicago, left at 1am. stopped at Happy Hooker then onto the Lake. So you can tell I had it bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw all the boats jigging, jumped right in the mix,right in front of Wild Wings and didn't do bad, 7 fish 20inchers. Boy was it hard fishing in that wind; but my question is, on a day like that in an 18ft. deepv where else could I have gone? I looked at that site on GPS coordinates but seems there are alot missing; are there other places or sites I can look at and get different coordinates for the Western Basin. Sometimes people say rattlesnake or other spots that I didn't see on that list like Crane Creek. Had a good time and will definately be back soon, thanks guys just reading about you guys catching walleye oftentimes makes my day.

Jperch Guest

Default Uncle Willie

From Chicago and thinking about doing the same thing Friday night. Leave Friday night, fish Sat. / Sunday. Hoping the wind holds and weather is decent. How rough was it Saturday in your 18ft boat? What was the direction and speed of the wind? I have a 19ft. Deep V.

It was just what they said it would be in the forcast,1-3 footers close to shore and 4-6 footers further out. Didn't do a lot of standing up; thats why I was inquiring about some Gps numbers closer to shore. Now Sunday was a banner day but didn't want to wander too far because we still had to drive home. Ended up with only two fish but the water was calm and I trolled, jigged but didn't have a plan C. The two I caught were jigging but the bite was reeeeal slow and had to be at work Monday morning at 6AM.