Casting Casting Casting Casting

Thread: Casting

Default Casting

I'm not seeing too many reports on casting out on the reef complex. Just curious if anybody has had any luck casting. I'll be up Saturday with a boat load and post results.

out with 3 other guys, got 5 monday (3 niagara, 2 crib reef), fish were very deep. first 3 on bottom bouncers. fish started to come up at sunset. last 2 were after 9 pm, casting weapons on a 4 count. my buddy who is a charter boat captain says there are fish to be caught in this area, he has been getting limits from niagara to rattlesnake but he exclusively trolls and knows the structure out there incredibly well. overall, pretty slow day.....on the bright side my only walleye was a 28"!!!! biggest i've ever caught casting. hope this helps!

Thanks! If I had one bite and it was a 28"er the day would have been worth it lol.

Been casting for walleye north-northwest of the island for 3 weeks straight. Been getting between 9 - 12 fish in about 4 hours of fishing with 3 - 5 guys. Also getting about twice the number of sheep head and white perch. We are getting more fish deeper towards the bottom. The key is to reel for a short bit of time and then let the lure sit and then reel a little bit more and stop again. They have been hitting when you start to reel after the lure has stopped.

Thanks PZeiler. We made a couple good passes out there on Saturday before Memorial Day but then seemed to lose them. Our best color then was chartreuse dragged on bottom.

Default casting

we casted around niagra reef on the 4th caught 12 really nice eyes on 4 to 6 count

Davidf Guest

Got my first 2 limits this year casting harnesses Wednesday off Pelee. Then Saturday on one of Tim's headboats, 4 using weight foreward and 3 more on harness. Those were my first limits in about 12 trips out. Getting better i hope.
    Last edited by Davidf; 06-13-2011 at 07:26 AM.