How to store leaders? How to store leaders? How to store leaders? How to store leaders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to store leaders?

There has to be a good way to store those 6 ft leaders we use for our divers. Can some of you tell your method because I'm sure it beats my constant tangled mess. I've thought about taking an old line keeper and just wrap one on and hook the next snap hook, roll and repeat until they're all on the roll. Ideas?

Foam Lindy rigger snell holder might work for you

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    There has to be a good way to store those 6 ft leaders we use for our divers. Can some of you tell your method because I'm sure it beats my constant tangled mess. I've thought about taking an old line keeper and just wrap one on and hook the next snap hook, roll and repeat until they're all on the roll. Ideas?
    I go to the dollar store or Walmart and buy pool noodles cut them about 1 ft long and use aluminum nails to hold them after wrapping them around the pool noodle.

Pool noodle's you can store the blade on or in a seperate box. push the treble hook and octopus hook and wrap around and use a pin to secure the swivel.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thumbs up Leader Line

:I've been frustrated with this also so I decided to go simple. I did use the round noodle type but often found my leader line would take the shape of the cylinder. This weekend I used a rectangular piece of cardboard and cut slits into the top and bottom of the cardboard and wraped the lines across the cardboard. Since I use both long and short leaders, I folded the cardboard in half and labeled one side short (leaders) and one side long (leaders). I find the leader line stays more straight and I can quickly idnetify which are short and long leaders.

Default Great ideas

I knew there would be some good ideas from you guys. And Wallydog1 those are some fine looking harnesses!

I've been keeping mine in the 2x2 seal top plastic bags and with my eyes and the waves, well, lets just say it takes away from the relaxation I am out for.

Thanks for the replies.

Default Tackle Tamer

There is also a product called tackle tamer that uses velcro to secure ends. simple wrap around and velcro to secure

we have used the noodles for a few years now and never have had a problem on the line memory. But if it does take shape of the noodle or even if it starts twisting from to much use - rub the line across the bottom of your rubber sole shoe or tennis shoe and it will take the memory out!

Hope to be in this weekend, usually in by April 1 but had engine problems! LETS GO FISHIN'

if you use the noodles, slit one end ( if they have a hole use that) and stuff a 1oz jig in the opening, hook the hook into the foam. this will keep your noodles from blowing around/away in the wind.

we use an empty line spool....doesnt take up much room and holds a ton of leaders