Cold front e ne wind discussion Cold front e ne wind discussion Cold front e ne wind discussion Cold front e ne wind discussion

Default Cold front e ne wind discussion

Every time i come up it is a cold front and or e ne wind. How bad do you think this efects fishing i know on the smaller lakes it shuts them down. Is it even worth going up on a cold front day and day after or do tou guys change your tacktics. Just kind of want to hear some thoughts on this. Of course this fri. And sat. Its a cold front and im planning on fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD KARMA View Post
    Every time i come up it is a cold front and or e ne wind. How bad do you think this efects fishing i know on the smaller lakes it shuts them down. Is it even worth going up on a cold front day and day after or do tou guys change your tacktics. Just kind of want to hear some thoughts on this. Of course this fri. And sat. Its a cold front and im planning on fishing.
    Very seldom does it affect my fish catching, for me I usually target them the same as any other wind direction and fish about 5 to 10 ft. above them and usually with the wind. If it has been a bad NE blow for a couple of days and it slacks up but still out of the NE I seem to do better running my lures in the mud. But the number 1 rule to success is always let those fish tell you how to set your lines as nothing is carved in stone when it comes to walleyes and what they want at dinner time.