Monday casting results Monday casting results Monday casting results Monday casting results
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Monday casting results

had two of my friends fish west and north of west sister today
    away from pack, 1 drift 2 man limit of walleyes, casting, purple blade chartuse back mayfly rigs, 6 to 12 count. same place were we trolled yesterday. Capt. Mike, reel sport charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally some casting hope!

I'm stoked! Have been waiting on some positive word on casting, I like to beat the water! Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Better than we did

Glad you got them because we didn't. Started 3:30 Pm Monday afternoon. Stopped at A can, nothing. Headed on out to west of west sister. Hazy overcast sky, nice stout drift wind, some good wave action, clean water. Looked like perfect setup. Nothing again. 3 guys...bottom bouncers, casting harnesses, and weight forwards. Tried hi, tried low, tried fast, tried slow. You name it, we cast it or changed up and tried it. About 7 ran in towards cone and crib reef. Drifted the reefs till dusk. Three guys and ended up with 2 walleyes and some FO white perch for 5 plus hours of casting.
    Last edited by LEfriend; 06-06-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile my suggestion for help

best suggestion to help you is purple blades, chartuse back,with
    pink dots have been tearing them up, plus fish are up in water depths 10 to 25 ft. down, rough days bottom bouncers work, best side has been back side of boat drift. Hope this helps.
    Capt. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for info Mike. I did try purple... and between the three of us we ran the gamut of all the colors. Also fished into and away from the drift, out the ends, worked the swing. We are 3 experienced Erie fisherman and know the drills so must have been one of those days. The two we did get were down deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Thanks for info Mike. I did try purple... and between the three of us we ran the gamut of all the colors. Also fished into and away from the drift, out the ends, worked the swing. We are 3 experienced Erie fisherman and know the drills so must have been one of those days. The two we did get were down deep.
    as did we.. two guys all the same as you've said and only 3 fish in 5 hours. same area