Sunday report Sunday report Sunday report Sunday report

Thread: Sunday report

Default Sunday report

We made the last minute decision to run up after my sons graduation ceremony Sunday. We set lines Near 7pm about 1 mile East of Niagra. It wasn't on fire at first. I think we boxed 1 and lost 2 in the 1st hour and picked a couple sheep. From 8-9 we hooked an estimated 20 and didn't land them all but we had a nice mess of fish with a real toad just under 32. The hot area was just North of the Niagra can trollimng E-W. Chicken wing standard size was best on a 40 jet 70 back. Copper hammer watermellon scorpion size was also good. The fish are still deep. My cranks aren't catching eyes yet and that tells me they aren't suspending much yet. It is shaping up to be a great year.

We fished all around nigara on sunday as well. Only got a couple of walleyes and they were caught off the bottom on standard size spoons and worm harnesses. Lots of sheephead and bass.

Went north of west sister in the afternoon and pulled jets and standard size spoons in 28-30 ft water. Put the spoons near the bottom and got a few more walleyes that were all in the 22-23 inch range. Best spoons were the glow spoons with purple on them.

I suspect the deeper water fish immediately north of Niagra didn't get real aggressive until that last hour of light. I am contemplating another evenig trip right now.

Also.....what the heck with all of the East wind???? I have fished about 6 times this season and each time in East wind.