Questions about Weekend May 3rd,4th. Questions about Weekend May 3rd,4th. Questions about Weekend May 3rd,4th. Questions about Weekend May 3rd,4th.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Jperch Guest

Default Questions about Weekend May 3rd,4th.

Will be out this weekend trying to find those eyes. I have a 19ft Deep V and hoping for descent weather since the last couple weekends haven't been that great. Driving from Illinois 5 hours and looking to fish the reefs in close and maybe venture out to deeper water for the big ones. Looking for some info and hoping you guys can help?
    1) 3 guys- need a place to stay? Small cabin or condo would be great or anything you can recommend.
    2) Where should we stay / launch for the reefs?
    3) If we get a limit (that might have just hurt us thinking like that) can we still fish for eyes as long as we catch and release? Are the Crappies anywhere to be found?

Thanks for any info and sorry for all the questions.

Post Thanks / Like

You can look on http://www.vrbo.com/ for a place to stay. It is short for vacation rentals by owner. You can often deal on prices with the owners There is an email link. Just punch in the area to view condos etc. You can always catch and release, with or without a limit with a legal license. You can launch at the Catawba public launch sight or farther West by Fenwicks. That puts you close to the reefs. Someone else might give other launch info. I keep my boat in Port Clinton. Some of the area campgrounds also offer house trailer rentals for about $50 a night. Catch em up.

Question

Guys i have a camper trailer that sleeps 3 at wild wing marina it is infront of reefs and has ramp right at camp grounds,also resturant and bait shop,fish are biting right in front of harbor. Let me know if interested..

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Man I don't want to burst your bubble but they are now calling for a wet and possibly stormy Sat.

Jperch Guest

Default weather

I know, the weather is killing me! The forcast changes every 2 hours. Still hoping for a change and good weather. Just can't get a great weekend in there yet. Seems like I need to be there during the week.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to stay

We rent our condo at Green Cove resort near wild wings. $99.00per night which includes a 30 foot boat dock right in front of the condo. You can launch at Wild Wings and our within minutes to the condo and the reefs.

You can find info on our rental

http://www.domegos.com/1324/Default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck,

John