Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 401 to 410 of 410
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    Do you drag the spreader for perch in particular or to Target walleye. It's looking like I'm on the water next Thursday or Friday!!
    Both perch and walleye like to hit the spreader. My favorite is perch my wife likes walleye. I never use any bling on the spreader.
    Let me know how it works for you, just make sure you have some rope on that pole~!

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default Back at the Yellow Perch search~!

    SE of G can today. Had two hours in to it, late start fished from 10 am to noon.
    6 nice yellow perch and 10 sheep head~! Using golden shiners for bait. Very light bite and the lake was really nice today.
    Spreaders on the bottom (20 fow) and no bling.
    Back at it soon. This year is not like last year (for perch), however, it should pick up as the season progresses.
    I did see some green bloom in the water, but it was not bad.
    Water Dog

  3. #403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    SE of G can today. Had two hours in to it, late start fished from 10 am to noon.
    6 nice yellow perch and 10 sheep head~! Using golden shiners for bait. Very light bite and the lake was really nice today.
    Spreaders on the bottom (20 fow) and no bling.
    Back at it soon. This year is not like last year (for perch), however, it should pick up as the season progresses.
    I did see some green bloom in the water, but it was not bad.
    Water Dog
    Sure sign of perch season! Glad to see Waterdog is back on the advance reconnaissance team and reporting. Keep em coming. You are right. Very slow start. I remember catching them a few years ago in July. As good as the perch population is supposed to be in the west basin, I sure do wonder where they are all hiding. Hope this hide and seek is not a bad omen. Trolled east of Kelley's yesterday and picked up some spiny water fleas on the lines. That doesn't help...

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Darby Creek
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Sure sign of perch season! Glad to see Waterdog is back on the advance reconnaissance team and reporting. Keep em coming. You are right. Very slow start. I remember catching them a few years ago in July. As good as the perch population is supposed to be in the west basin, I sure do wonder where they are all hiding. Hope this hide and seek is not a bad omen. Trolled east of Kelley's yesterday and picked up some spiny water fleas on the lines. That doesn't help...
    I think the lake being full of walleye is keeping the perch in hide mode.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default No Yellow Perch for You~!

    fished south of green island and G can and, no yellow perch for the dog!
    I got a tip at the gas dock today, and will see it that works on Sunday.
    Anyway, every dog has his day. (or weeks)
    Keep the lines tight and be safe,
    Water Dog

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plain City
    Posts
    6

    Default Fished South of Green yesterday also

    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    fished south of green island and G can and, no yellow perch for the dog!
    I got a tip at the gas dock today, and will see it that works on Sunday.
    Anyway, every dog has his day. (or weeks)
    Keep the lines tight and be safe,
    Water Dog

    We got 22 fishing South of Green with emeralds on crappie rigs. Gold and Chartreuse did the best. Lots of farm animals! Shut down after noon, so we quit, had 8lbs. Going to try again later this week. Thanks for your reports Water Dog!

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default G can today

    Back at it~!
    20 yellow gold 5 pounds at the cleaners.
    fished south of the can.
    ~Water Dog

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default October 9th 2019 (south east of G can Gold)

    30 yellow perch 7 pounds at the cleaners. many young perch were educated today and released unharmed.
    2.5 hours , up and down could only use one pole. some white perch and 6 doubles.
    spreader , golden shiners and on the bottom. I was east of the pack.
    Water Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0627-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0628-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0629-jpg

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Salem Ohio
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I was there with you. 3/4 mile south of g. Started a little slow compared to yesterday. I got my 30 in 2-1/2 hours but they were much smaller today. Probably returned 30 in the 6"-7" range. Also caught 4 young pickerel.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    N W Ohio
    Posts
    183

    Default Thursday 10-1-19 south east of G can

    27 more yellow perch and a dozen educated and returned to lake to grow up.
    4 sheep head (2 fish Ohio), 1 large white bass, 3 gobies, 3 walleye (one was 12 inches & returned to lake) and many white perch.
    golden shiners, spreaders and on the bottom.
    ~Water Dog
    Water Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0630-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0631-jpg


Similar Threads

  1. Perch near water intake
    By 4sevens in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 06:40 PM
  2. Water Dogs ~ Walleye Report
    By waterdog in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 11:02 AM
  3. Water Dogs ~ Walleye Report
    By waterdog in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 02:38 PM
  4. western basin water and perch report
    By wayne johnson in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
  5. Water Dogs best perch rig~
    By waterdog in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •