Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

So you are a believer in luring them in with the motor running trick also??

I agree. We limited on Wednesday near G can. Every time the bite slowed, I turned on the motor and they would start up again.

Default 9-25-2020 30 more yellow gold 9 pounds at the cleaners

SE of G can, 30 yellow perch, 22 fow, spreaders and an emerald golden shiner mix.
    5 hours today, somehow the 8 perch sorting did not seem as small near the end.
    bite was good in the am and slowed after the wind dropped.
    anyway, used the engine to get the last 6 I needed to bring this dog home.
    9 pounds at the cleaners, some white perch and a few young and now educated walleye.
    may go on Saturday, however if you can get out the next two days look good weather wise.

************not sure why this posted before I was done *********************
    Last edited by waterdog; 09-25-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: posted before I was finished

Default 9-25-2020 30 more yellow gold 9 pounds at the cleaners

SE of G can, 30 yellow perch, 22 fow, spreaders and an emerald golden shiner mix.
    5 hours today, somehow the 10 perch sorting and their size, did not seem as small near the end.
    bite was good in the am and slowed after the wind dropped.
    anyway, used the engine to get the last 6 I needed to bring this dog home.
    9 pounds at the cleaners, some white perch and a few young and now educated walleye.
    may go on Saturday, however if you can get out, the next two days look good weather wise.
    be safe
    ~Water Dog

Default 9-30-2020 water levels the lowest I have seen

WOW , with all the wind and waves, this week looks a NO GO for the this Dog.
    Hope October will settle down, and we get some nice weeks of weather, if not it is feet dry and time for this dog to go hunting.
    No regrets, I have caught plenty and I am thankful for what I have in my freezer.
    Low water levels that have not been seen for some time and, with all the wind and the lack of rain fall has pushed the water level down.
    No regrets, July was good and September did pick up on the yellow perch catch, at least for some.
    ~be safe
    ~Water Dog

I too will be spending time in a stand bowhunting during the rut.Even though we rarely perch fish,I read all your perch posts.I would say you are the most hardcore perch fisherman on this site.Good luck hunting Dog!!!

Default This Dog's final report for 2020

Feet dry in less than a week.
    What a year this has been, best fishing for walleye ever for this dog and the yellow perch was good.
    On the down side this dog could not bring friends and family on board to enjoy this years fishing due to the pandemic.
    My hopes and prayers go out to all and that you will be safe and follow all the guidelines so that you have the best chance to enjoy the 2021 fishing season.
    God Bless, tight lines, be safe and see you next season.
    ~Water Dog

Well said WD. Between spinal surgery this spring and staying safe from the virus and then 2 bouts of diverticulitis I never got my boat in water this year. Didn’t get to fish one time for walleye and only 3 times for perch. Best walleye in long time and I missed it all. But I have my health and many don’t and there will be next year. Wishing you a safe and healthful winter. And wishing all would take it seriously. Maybe next year will be better and I can invite you to fish with me sometime. Fair skies and following seas.

Default The Dogs Feet are Wet again ~ on April 7th 2021

Well, I hope all have been safe and survived the virus.
    Will keep you all posted on the perch spreader drag and the walleye catch in the combo.
    The best part of this season is that I will be able to bring family and some friends.
    Be safe and be smart~!
    Looking forward to another season on the Western Basin.
    ~ Water Dog

Welcome back and good luck perch fishing this season.Since you are as close to a perch expert on this site,do you have an opinion on the perch limits being reduced in central basin to 10 fish, but the TAC of perch in western basin increasing 20%.