Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Got a question about your recommendation on how to hook your minnows. Do you hook thru the eyes or back, also what are your thoughts about double hooking thru eyes and in to back to keep them from stealing the bait. Seems like that kills them but how important is it to keep the minnow alive.

2. Default

Thx for the report, I really struggled there yesterday.

Default Saturday August 22nd 2020 G can and 10 Yellow Perch

Well it had to end sometime, 4 hours today SE of G can and I moved once, 10 yellow perch. One 11 inch hog.
    Some sheep head a few throw back yellow perch and a some very young walleye all returned to get bigger.
    Many boats in the area and as the time went on, more and more moved out and headed north.
    I could see a pack at F can, however when you see the head boats moving around you know they are not setting on them either.
    I do have a gut report for the ones I caught today and they have some gobies , my goldens and a lot of spiney fleas.
    I will give H can a try the next time out, those yellow gold may have moved in closer.
    Water Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0737-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0738-jpg

Hope to get out on Sunday.
    Be Safe
    ~Water Dog

Not a bad report. I hit G can at 8 and Green at 10. Got skunked today. Had nothing but 3-5 inch minnows by the time I got there.

Dang. Don’t need those fleas. Hope it isn’t shutting off like last year this time. Surgery and health issues kept me off the lake this year till last week. I figure about the time I can fish they will turn off

Default Sunday August 23rd, 2020 3 yellow perch

Went to H can to start, no bites.
    Went to G can to catch the 3 yellow perch.
    Using spreaders , no blades, and goldens.
    A few white perch and the usual few sheep head.
    Warm day, nice breeze but still warm for this dog.
    Giving it a break, weather reports are for more 90 degree days, too hot for this dog.
    ~back soon~ when it cools down.
    ~tight lines, be safe
    ~Water Dog

Any new reports on the perch water dog? Was gonna make the 2 and a half hour trek this weekend if there still biting around g can? Any update would be great. Thanks

Default September 9th 2020 15 yellow perch G can

15 yellow perch SE of G can, 4 hours and 5 pounds at the cleaners. Not many but nice fish~!
    5 throw backs, 6 white perch, 4 sheep head and one fish ohio catfish.
    Spreaders, golden shiners, in 22 fow. Very light bite~!
    I had a visitor today, this finch flew into my pilot house and landed on the back of my life jacket (yes shocked me too, did not matter that someone was in it) and then went to the back flap of my rolled up rear cover.
    This little guy then proceeded to search my boat from the bow to the stern for spiders and bugs. He ate well is all I can say.
    The kicker had some extra goodies for this little visitor.
    Water Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0750-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0749-jpg
    Hard to set the hook when perched on my perch pole~!
    With the fog you could not see shore line and my bug eater left when the fog lifted.
    Nature is a wonderful and sometimes surprising, this visit made my day~!
    ~tight lines and be safe~!
    ~Water Dog

Neat post. Good to hear you are back. Looking forward to hearing about a limit from you again one of these days. Did you check any stomachs?

If you want to attract Finches plant a good patch of "Zinderella" variety Zinnias. Finches love them. We have dozens of Finches coming in every day and eating the petals off as fast as they can bloom. They must be attracted to this particular plant because the flower petals stand bit more more straight out and bit more spread out than the traditional Zinnia. The Finches must weigh absolutely nothing because they will land on these flowers with thin little stems and not even bend them. Sit on top of a bloom and pick the petals clean in a less than a minute. We are losing a lot of blooms right now but a blast to watch them eat.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    15 yellow perch SE of G can, 4 hours and 5 pounds at the cleaners. Not many but nice fish~!
    5 throw backs, 6 white perch, 4 sheep head and one fish ohio catfish.
    Spreaders, golden shiners, in 22 fow. Very light bite~!
    I had a visitor today, this finch flew into my pilot house and landed on the back of my life jacket (yes shocked me too, did not matter that someone was in it) and then went to the back flap of my rolled up rear cover.
    This little guy then proceeded to search my boat from the bow to the stern for spiders and bugs. He ate well is all I can say.
    The kicker had some extra goodies for this little visitor.
    Water Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0750-jpgWater Dogs~ Perch Report-img_0749-jpg
    Hard to set the hook when perched on my perch pole~!
    With the fog you could not see shore line and my bug eater left when the fog lifted.
    Nature is a wonderful and sometimes surprising, this visit made my day~!
    ~tight lines and be safe~!
    ~Water Dog
    Nice experience WD. That would have made my day too! We also have many finches at our place and monitor several Bluebird nesting boxes on our property. Simple pleasures in life are great!