Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    waterdog Guest

Default Yellow Perch Frinday October 7th

Got a late start today. Started at "D" can. Water is stained. One throw back. Headed to West Sister Island. Was east of the island about 5 miles in 30 fow water was cleaner there and a very light breeze. Got my 30 yellow perch(about 4 throw backs), 2 sheep head, using a spreader, no bling, and shiners. 10#'s at the cleaners. Nice size perch today!!~ Waves were less than 1 foot
    nice..nice...nice..I will be going again on Saturday. GREAT weekend get out if you can~! Perch ON!

waterdog Guest

Default photo of yesterdays perchin spot

You may be able to see the boats in the forgound. Photo not the greatest, but this spot did produce some nice keeper perch.

waterdog Guest

Default Yellow Perch~40 nice ones Saturday Oct 8th

Caught 40 nice yellow perch, one white bass and 4 throw back yellow perch. East side of West Sister Island in 30 fow, using spreaders and a mix of shiners and golden shiners. There we two of us today but we did not have the time to get both tickets filled. There we a lot of boats out on the east and north side of the Island. Nice day on the lake~!! hope you can get out this weekend. Fish On~!

waterdog Guest

Default Oct 8 2011 Parking lot east of West Sister Island

A lot of boats east of West Sister today. Hope the lake clears up so I dont have to make the "long haul" to those "jumbos".~Water Dog

waterdog Guest

Talking Sunday October 9th

Took the lucky charm today (wife) and when I do I dont fish more than a couple hours. Still we caught about 8 jumbos just half a mile west of North Bass Island. My wife caught a 12 incher and I caught a nice small mouth (which I took a photo of and released). Great Day on the lake. We went to lunch at the Board Walk in Put In Bay. Well I hate to say it but a lot of folks are pullin boats this weekend, a sure sign winter is not too far away!....I plan to pull mine November 11th....so until then Perch On~~!

waterdog Guest

Default Monday October 10th

Well where do I start..had trouble gettin the perch bite on (took a buddy with me today)..was all over the lake today..west of "G" can, few small perch, west of North Bass Island, 5 nice jumbos, North West Reef (aka the kidney) a few more perch, and then back to my honey hole east of Niagara reef bouy. Finished the day with 40 yellow perch The perch bite took off for us at the honey hole~! Anyway, look at this big catfish I caught he would not stay still for a photo, but he was about 22 inches long.(I threw him back so you could catch him too!

Default Nice Pech

Sunday had to be best day this season. Only put 50 in the cooler for 4 people but none were less than 10". Awesome perch run.
    Was in the west side of the pack North or N. Bass.
    Anyone else do good there ?
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

waterdog Guest

Default Tuesday October 11th

Caught a dozen nice perch very close to "H" can. Moved around to see if I could get into them "faster" but it just did not happen. Fished about 3 hours. If the weather stays good the lake should really be cleaned up for the weekend and with the cooler nights I hope they will move in closer

What is H Can ? I hear all these C can H can etc. I'm not sure of what they are. I'm pretty new to Lake Erie fishing and been limited to the islands and surrounding area.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss928 View Post
    What is H Can ? I hear all these C can H can etc. I'm not sure of what they are. I'm pretty new to Lake Erie fishing and been limited to the islands and surrounding area.
    here is a link to a map that has the cans that you are interested in, the cans mark the firing range for Camp Perry. A, B & C cans are on the top just follow them around the firing range in order.

http://westernbasinsportfishingassoc.../range_map.jpg