Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    waterdog Guest

Default how do u do it

Quote Originally Posted by Panfisher1402 View Post
    That's not very many minows. I usally get about 5 dozen. How do you do it?

Put the hook in the minnow(from head to tail) and watch your pole tip..as soon as it moves....pick up the plole and set the hook! I usually lay my poles down..and they must be on the bottom. (also, when you go to any "good bait store" a dozen is usually a scoop and there are more than a dozen if you would count them. However, when I get into a lot of white bass, sheep head and white perch your minows can go purdy fast...so then cut them in half. Hope this helps you ~fish on
    Last edited by waterdog; 09-03-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: more detail for the new fisher person :) ~fish on!

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info waterdog

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~Saturday September 3rd

30 yellow perch in 29 fow just east of the green bouy at Niagara reef. Using spreader, minows on the bottom. 9#'s at the cleaners very few through backs and one fish ohio sheephead ~nice day on the lake and the breeze helped with the heat!
    p.s. a lot of boats at "D" can at least 40 ! and a lot of boats west of Niagara around "C" can.

waterdog Guest

Default Sunday Sept 11th

Got 23 keeper yellow perch before that storm went through this afternoon. 7#s at the cleaners (had about 4 throw backs). Caught sheephead & white bass too. Started at Niagara reef, the water was stained and the that green bloom looked like split pea soup. I could not get one fish~! Nothing, my honey hole was no good, so I went north to the North West Reef (some call it the kidney) That is where I caught my fish, spreader on the bottom no bling and minnows. Seems like we are going to have a minnow shortage too with the full moon. Talked to some folks at the cleaners and they said they did well around Green Island. I attached a photo of the green bloom.

waterdog Guest

Default Friday September 16th

15 yellow perch! tuff day for me. Lake was a bit rough this morning, so I headed for the south side of an island for some cover. Set up just south of green island, then east of green island, caught about 5 yellow perch and some sheephead. Then headed to rattlesnake island, there were about 30 boats just east of the island. Caught 10 more keeper perch and about 5 throw backs and some white perch too. Hope for calm weather to get the perch on again~!

waterdog Guest

Thumbs up Perch Saturday September 17th

3 foot waves on the way out today, got a late start, left dock at 11:00. Went to Rattlesnake Island, fished north of the island in 28 fow, caught a few perch and some white perch and white bass. Went west about a mile. Caught 48 nice perch, alot of white perch and alot of white bass~! FUN We headed back to dock at 5:00. Waves we not bad where we were fishing on the sw side of the Islands. 3-5 foot waves on the way back~!
    BIG PERCH of the Day went to this young fisherman~! 12 incher he also caught the next largest perch 11 incher~!

Default 9/18

Well, how'd everyone do today ?

Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater !

waterdog Guest

Default Perchers

saw alot of boats fishing west of rattlesnake, north of rattlesnake and alot south of rattlesnake on Friday the 16th of September. Hope for mild weather so we can catchem closer to Port Clinton.

So true. It hasn't seemed to all come together for me yet.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

waterdog Guest

Default Yellow Perch Wednesday September 28th

started the day at "H" can, caught about 5 nice yellow perch, some white perch...fished there about an hour...so we moved to "G" can....caught some more yellow perch, gobies and white perch but just could not get our yellow perch on....had to do something...so we headed to "D" can. Water was good and we let the motor run to call them in.... "bingo"..... caught the rest of our 90 perch at "D" can. We did catch some white bass, gobies, and some sheep head. The perch were nice size and a few throw backs. All in All nice day on the lake. We were 100 yards west of "D" can. We did get some shiners in Port Clinton.