Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Talking Same spot

Same spot n of b can..great fish i have been gettin from there ..tried just south and fish where not as many..made a move out to the way mark..and boom they where better in size and hardly any sheep,,a few whites but other than that... Was of the water by the time the wind stopped..90 fish all avg a few big ones...looks like the perch thing will be good this year....

Russ .........eyes have it..... Ch ..9

waterdog Guest

Default Friday July 22nd~ yellow perch

took the wife today and we fished 1/2 mile east of Niagara in 30 fow. we caught 53 perch in 2hrs using spreaders with a minnow on the bottom. lots of fun
    caught about 8 sheephead, a white bass and some white perch too. there were alot of minnows swimming in the area. 14pounds at the cleaners.

Default Small mouth

I will be at erie the 4-7 of august.. Does anyone have any knowledge of what the small mouth are biting on and maybe where i could start looking for some.. Any info would be greatly appreciated..

waterdog Guest

Default Perchen Saturday August 12th

could not get shiners. used night crawlers and caught 6 sheep head and 6 yellow perch! cut up a sheep head and used some of that too~
    I passed about 20 boats at G can and there were about 5 head boats fishing at Niagara reef mixed in with other boats. I got a late start so I could have just missed the bit~ or maybe it was because I did not have shiners~ Any way nice day on the lake. Oh, I was fishen about a mile east of the green can at Niagara reef in 30 fow using a spreader and no bling.

waterdog Guest

Default The Plan~Friday Saturday Sunday Monday

OK. Shiners are suppose to be available. The waves are suppose to be 1 foot or less. Ok I know what you are thinking... those weather folks are wrong 50% of the time and still have a job! I hope they are correct! Anyway.... I am going to try some new stuff. I read in the post here that if you use red hooks that is suppose to be a good thing. So I rig up some hooks with red skirts... I will let you know how well that works. I will put out my usual no biling and use one with those red skirts. I will let you know how well that works!
    Wish me luck~ "A safe day on the lake is a good day"~ fish on

waterdog Guest

Default Friday August 19th

I started at "H" can just east of it in 18 fow using shiners (small ones) with a spreader and no bling and a spreader with red hair on the hooks. Caught about 5 yellow perch, 10 sheep head and 5 white bass. Moved ne to the pack of boats between "H" can and "G" can in 20 fow. Caught 15 more keeper yellow perch, 8 throw backs and more sheep head and alot of white bass. Ran out of shiners. It was fun to catch those white bass but they ran through alot of my minnows. Finished the day with 20 Yellow perch and 6# at the cleaners. The red hair on the hooks seemed to attrack those nice sheep head~ so I went back to the bare hooks. I normally go to Niagra but thought I would try it in closer to see if the perched moved in. The keepers were nice ones. A nice day on the lake!

waterdog Guest

Default Saturday August 20th

Took my lucky charm with me today (Wife) and we went to that same pack of boats between "H" can and "G" can. Using a spreader and minows on the bottom in 20 fow. Caught 22 yellow perch keepers in 2 hours 6# at the cleaners. (I was baiting my lucky charm's hooks too!) About 15 throw backs~! and 10 white bass and 4 sheep head. Action was great but after two hours my lucky charm gets tired~ nice day on the lake.

waterdog Guest

Default Friday August 26

Got 90 yellow perch east of Niagara in 30 fow east of the green bouy using spreaders and minows on the bottom. About 20 throw backs~plenty of white prerch and white bass and some sheep head. NE winds and a nice chop to keep those spreaders moving on the bottom. 22#'s at the cleaners.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~Friday September 2nd

Got 30 yellow perch in 29 fow just east of the bouy at Niagara reef. I was done in 2 hours! Using minows and a spreader on the bottom with no bling!
    I did have about 5 throw backs, 3 sheep head and a few white bass.
    I get 3 dozen minnows per person when I fish.
    There were about 25 boats a "D" can.
    Nice day on the lake, a little warm, but still nice!

Default Not many shiners

That's not very many minows. I usally get about 5 dozen. How do you do it?