Niagra Niagra Niagra Niagra
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Niagra

Post Thanks / Like

Default Niagra

Anybody been fishing around Niagara Reef?

Capt. Dave on the happy hooker site is reporting limits being caught around Niagara. Using 40 ft jet divers , spoons and J-7, 45 - 50 FT back,1.5 to 1.8 mph. I hope he is right,fishing this weekend out of turtle creek. I will not have to go as far to get to the fish if he is. I was running northwest of west sister.

hop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Anybody been fishing around Niagara Reef?

Capt. Dave on the happy hooker site is reporting limits being caught around Niagara. Using 40 ft jet divers , spoons and J-7, 45 - 50 FT back,1.5 to 1.8 mph. I hope he is right,fishing this weekend out of turtle creek. I will not have to go as far to get to the fish if he is. I was running northwest of west sister.

hop
    Caught 10 there last Monday.

http://www.walleye.com/community/showthread.php?t=2962

Post Thanks / Like

Default Niagara

Dave dont tell stories like many he gets his information from detailed folks who fish everyday and they tell it like it is...so your reply is simple they are there and hes right on key...in fact speed it up a notch I have been limiting out there in two hours each day with 6 men on the boat thats 48 fish per day and they havent been small either.....penguin stinger was the perfect one the last four days.......good luck and as always tight lines...ERIE FEELING capt charlie aka (Iowa Boy)

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow capt. charlie

Sounds like you have done great Capt. Charlie, I am coming up on Sat. and in the past have always been a drift caster fisherman. but after reading lots of these post I'm thinking of getting into the trolling for EYES. Any good tips you can pass on for a newbie to the trolling. (poles, lures, boat speed and just equipment in general. Keep the tight lines going!

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the boat traffic been like around the niagra ares?

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely be like it was out around West Sister last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Capt. Charlie

Thanks Capt. Charlie

I didn't mean to sound like I didn't believe Capt. Dave if my post did. I just know how quick things can change. I have looked at has posts before and did great fishing as he suggested. I was trying to pass it on and get more info.

Your reply was great news!

Thanks Again... And tight lines to you too!

Post Thanks / Like

There was a CHARTER CAPTIAN around 8 years ago that flat out lied about his charters, he was exposed and his business dropped substantially. This board has improved over the years thanks to honest people.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Niagra

It's true, I fished there Tuesday 5/31 and weds. 6/1. Water was stained but the fish were biting. Didn't get our limit but what we caught was very nice fish. Got 19 on Tues. and 9 on Weds.(3 to 5's on Weds.). Caught them on jets (30) 75 back and dipsys 50 back on a 3, monkey puke, chicken wing were our best.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Please post ?

First I would like to thank all that posted replies. I see that 1256 people have viewed this thread. My question is why don't they post anything? I know some had to go fishing . Its not that hard to register. Seems to me they are here for info. the more posts the better the info. should be. So... help yourselves post what your experience's were on the lake PLEASE. We can help each other better that way.