Niagra Niagra Niagra Niagra
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Niagra

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply

Many people dont reply because they are unable to go out that day, week, or month. I read all the posts on this site religiously and dont reply because I am deployed overseas, this is the only way I can keep up with the local boys back home to see how the fishing is going. I will be sure to post as soon as I have the chance when I am back in the states, but until then I appreciate the info and the posts. Looks like the fishing is getting better hope to be out for big perch in September. Take care good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

I also review this site daily. Am making my first trip of year tomorrow. Can't fish much this year due to money issues. I thank everybody who posts and I will post a report when I get off the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Many people dont reply because they are unable to go out that day, week, or month. I read all the posts on this site religiously and dont reply because I am deployed overseas, this is the only way I can keep up with the local boys back home to see how the fishing is going. I will be sure to post as soon as I have the chance when I am back in the states, but until then I appreciate the info and the posts. Looks like the fishing is getting better hope to be out for big perch in September. Take care good luck to all
    God bless you for your service and stay safe come back and catch some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who rely on me...lol no really the fish are biting out at niagra reef on no#40 jets set back 45 and 50 ft stingers are the ticket right now speed is crucial 2.1 and bumping it up a notch sure wont hurt...yes they are in the stained water not clear or clean by no means...just the walleye is elusive and you have to experiement with colors speed and so on...I fish with 7 ft trolling rods from happy hooker and yokuma reels from there also, i buy all my tackle at daves he has the largest supply of trolling equipement and he gives me a deal cause I buy enough stuff there its just a nice way to support him while being offered the right stuff...He will not mislead you if you feel a little timid just tell him CHARLIE from IOWA sent ya...the roofer I put his roof on the tackle shop last year...you will be sent in the right direction and as always check here and his site for latest catches until then tight lines..Oh by the way there is videos in facebook charlie kempf of my catches last week...will be there agin on the 6th through the 12th....And hats off to our deployed troops keeping up with the bite...be Safe and looking forward to your return home.................. capt charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Default niagra

2 of us fished West of the pack with little luck, only 2 walleye, all day Saturday. We were trolling harnesses but I saw plenty of people using spoons who were catching pretty good. I fish flat line but I think it's time for me to try to understand the planner boards. I come up most weekends and spend $150 in gas so maybe I better get with the program. Just a little confused on how to set em up. I think a couple of the individual boards might be good for me. Suggestions?

Good luck everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the churches boards the easiest to use and you need no upgrades for erie fishing like the offshore brand boards. The TX-22 boards sit upright in the water at rest and are easier to see if they should happen to come off your line, they can be set up for either right or left and I use them to pull jet 40's with no problems. The learning curve for inline boards is short and within a day or two you will be fishing like an experienced board man. You are right they make a big difference in catch rate especially on calm flat days. If you have specific questions pm me and I will answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Capt Charlie, Wakina thanks for the support I hope to be back out on the lake soon filling the coolers and adding my share of reports.. keep up the good posts, leave some fish in the lake for me..

Post Thanks / Like

fished just north of niagra saturday slow going till late in the day then it was like lets eat and 40 min later we had 18 . 5 drifting and the rest off the boards 30 jets back 80 all on spoons good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

Smile flatrock reef area

3 of us fished today trolling harnesses with bottom bouncers. Got 13 nice walleye. Lost 2 at boat. Gold and watermelon blades produced best. Was a great 1st trip of year. Only had 1 throwback. Eyes where 23 to 27 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time out this year

First time out this year. Had foot operation. This is a very good cite. A lot of good information. I would like to meet up with some of the people that post on this cite. Well I took my son, my nephew and my brother out on Sunday. I did not see that many boats out. I went by A can and set up for to troll. We had 2 fish within 20 minutes. Then it I could not get anything to bite using crawler harness. I am going to look into the jet system with stinger hooks. I saw several boats catching them. Gold was my best color. We moved out to north west reef and noticed a BIG TREE, roots and all. We trolled for 1 hour and nothing. We went back to A can and caught 4 more. My son caught a fish Ohio with a 30" and my nephew with a 27". My brother caught 3 nice eaters. I usually listen to channel 68. I am going to go out one day this week and then back next Sat. or Sunday. Life of Riley