Saturday/Sunday report, with pics! Saturday/Sunday report, with pics! Saturday/Sunday report, with pics! Saturday/Sunday report, with pics!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday/Sunday report, with pics!

Fished Saturday and Sunday, all over the east side of Kelley's.

SATURDAY:
    Started perchin Saturday, my dad and I took a few of my buddies that'd never fished Lake Erie before. Pretty steady perch bite off the east side of Kelley's. Apparently my side of the boat was the hotspot, caught 3x as many fish as they did on the opposite side of the boat. Didn't limit, caught enough fish to go through 4 scoops of minnows from Rickards. Ran out, decided to troll..

Started trolling around 6pm-ish, within 5 minutes had a 8-9lb 29" walleye on. It was my buddy's first ever Walleye, pretty nice fish for a first ever.

Not 10 minutes later hit 2 at once in the same spot, this was another buddy's first fish ever

Sunshine disappeared, boats disappeared... reports of thunderstorms rolling in so we packed up and headed in.

SUNDAY:
    Went back out Sunday morning, didn't even bother to take perch bait, knew exactly where we were going to go after smacking those 3 eye's so quickly Saturday evening.

Huge pack of boats Sunday east of Kelley's. I somehow managed to troll through them. Caught 9 fish, 70 or so pounds, in just a few hours. Hit the GPS waypoint we marked the day before, and just figure-8'd though it. Caught most of the fish on long lines, 130yards or so. Blue and silvers worked for us. Dipsy's took maybe 1-2 fish, same with the jets.

Took 2 other friends who had never been out fishing on the lake before, and not only were they GREAT first fish to catch, but damn nice fish in general. My friend Rachel with her first 2 walleye ever, a 31" 11.5 pound, and a 30" 11 pound. My buddy caught his first ever, one handed. 28" 9 pound.

All in all it was a great weekend of fishing. I'm 21, and always enjoy fishing with my dad. Year after year, and trip after trip I still continue to learn more, in order to help dad on the boat. He doesn't have to dump the boat at the ramp, tie it up, park the truck and trailer, etc, all by himself anymore. Same with loading the boat up. He doesn't have to drive, and set up all the lines, bring the fish in, AND net them anymore. I drove the boat.. He set up the lines, then either him or my buddies brought fish in. I am extremely proud of all 4 friends for going out on the lake and fishing, they all loved it. GREAT WEEKEND. .... Now I'm pretty upset that my next 3 weekends are packed and won't allow me to get back up there to "our spot". I've always liked perching because of the action, but the walleye fishing has me pretty amped right now to head back out, enough so I might have to take off work

I only brought in one 'eye, the rest of the time I was having enough fun just driving while my dad and friends brought in fish.
    Last edited by freddie; 05-31-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report! I'm coming back June 24th-28th and will post report and pics too.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fising!

Post Thanks / Like

Im soo jealous !! Great job. I hope you all know that the fish turned on because our boat broke down, lol.