Memorial Day Weekend Perch Memorial Day Weekend Perch Memorial Day Weekend Perch Memorial Day Weekend Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day Weekend Perch

Fished Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Started Saturday SE of Kelly's. Pulled six real quick like...then seemed to slow up, so went on up to Gull Island shoal, where we had done well two weeks ago. Only pulled two in an hour, so pulled anchor and slid over to Kelly Island Shoal, started getting everything but a Yellow Perch. Slid back down to dead smack in between Kelly's and Marblehead...nothing. Shoulda, woulda, coulda stayed SE of Kelly's, which we did Sunday. Pulled 52 Sunday, fished from 8 till about 5.
    Not wanting to argue with succees, and crew went from three down to me and one buddy, Monday we went right back to same hole and pulled 48, fishing from 7 till 1. Boat traffic around Kelly's was extreme, to say the least, not too many fishermen as I could tell, with lots of boats cutting through the pack at 700 MPH. I saluted several. Great weekend though...

Post Thanks / Like

There was a lot of boat traffic, that's for sure. I was just north of you. I was out trolling through the huge pack of boats that were out there perchin, drifting, and trolling. It was an obstacle course. Didn't catch the traffic that you did though.