Please post Please post Please post Please post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please post

We got our perch east of ballast island.. Nice size.. All caught on Uncle rons perch rigs

Fished saturday 5/21. Left Gem Beach and started fishing the flats in about 35 fow west of Middle Island at 1030 am. Was casting weight forward lures. There was no drift. Also put another rod out with a spreader and minnows since we were moving so slow. Managed about a dozen nice perch. About noon the breeze picked up and did get 3 big walleye. The first was about 5# and then a 7# and 8#. Got them on erie dearie (chartruse/red head). There were a number of charter boats and others around. Seemed all were doing OK.
    It should pick up, I hope. Stopped fishing about 2pm

Default Hoping for this weekend

I have'nt posted because I have'nt got to fish but it looks like the fishin and weather are improving. The boat is ready and I've got my room booked. If the drift and cast improves by tomorrow- friday night I'm pulling out at 11.00pm to hit the lake sat. morning. Just hopin for some good reports and appreciate all the reports that have been posted. hoping to post good report this week-end.

onetrack

Im gonna try some trolling in the western basin this weekend.
    I've been out perch fishin off rocky river with no luck yet.

Me and my husband went out Sat. 5-21 in the afternoon til dark. We are in Monroe and launch out of Sterling. We decided to try near the Raisin River 3rd bouy. We had some engine trouble so ended up drifting for walleye. This was our 4th time out this year due to stinky weather and we had yet to get a fish in the boat. Dang Husband was the first to bring a fish in but was only a white bass. I followed shortly with another white bass. We werent marking many fish. I lost a lot of worms (Im still learning), but I swear I had bites I it was my fault. Water was rough. We tried spoons, erie dearies, and crankbaits in a variety of colors.

Weekend before we fished Brest Bay. Marked a lot of fish but were not able to catch anything.

Wink hopefull

hopefully ill be getting out tomorrow,havent been out in several weeks,weather and boat work .but all is well,and it sounds like it might be a good friday.
    Thanks to all for sharing their experience,Cap.Jim and so many others willing to help a fellow fisherman,Awesome.
    "Give a man a fish, he'll eat well for a day.Teach a man to fish,lasts a lifetime"

Default Not sure anyone Cares

I used to fish out of east harbor in the mid to late 80's, loved the fishing there as I live in West Virginia, Thank you to all who post on here you have given some good reading and good laughs. A big thank you to all the charter captains who help the little guy. We used to use what we called the sweep on calm days, We would throw a erie dearie tipped with a nightcrawler, let it fall for a count, then retrieve it slowly, stopping ever so often, let if fall, twitch it then reel it some more. Worked really well and once you found the count and the right twitch, it brought in some eyes. Just a little tidbit when the fishings slow on calm days. Everybody start with a different color and soon you will know what they are looking for. Good luck to all and thanks again for making an old man happy. Haven't been to Erie since 1990.

Default are we showing up on here?

trying to post?

Default help?

we are new toposting on the site and dont know if it is working?? we will be heading out all weekend to drift for some eyes and will post if we can figure this out!! we fish every weekend in the western basin and would love to report but??? not good on the puker!lol

headed out tomorow morning lookin for some eyes, ill be back on after fishing and post the results good or bad. i really hope the fishing turns around this week now that the rain is moved out for a few days. good luck to all