Please post Please post Please post Please post
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please post

Post Thanks / Like

You got it skipper. I haven't fished yet this year. This weekend will be the first. My dad hit them pretty good out by Pelee a week ago...dragging harnesses. I'll report everyday we fish this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    What was your speed guys? My best speed was 1.5 knts on the 50 jets and 1.7 knts on the 40 jets.. If I mark fish at 21 ft I will set my leads 8 ft above them and work my way down to them(depending on water clarity) remember a walleye never feeds down only up.. Most of the time between 2 to 8 ft above them..
    Exactly skipper9!!! I have great respect for you and enjoy your honesty in your fishing reports. You are always there to help your fellow Walleye . com fishing community friends. I am wishing the best for you.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=pap;14634]We were out 5/6-5/12 the fishing was great,the catching sucked !!! 7 guys cought 10 or 11 for a weeks worth fishing. Thanks to wakina he stopped by and gave me some blades to try,hats off to skipper9 for all his..... QUOTE]

Glad that you had a safe trip home, I was wondering how good or bad your luck was while on the water. Happy to have met you and your fishing party and wish I could have visited with you longer. That Wild Turkey was pretty good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bite. I check the reports on these boards when there's word I might hit the lake.

I knew the fishing would be slow last Saturday, and it was. Went out of Mazurik.

Tried YP off the SE corner of Kelley's. Caught a few nice size fish, but not enough to limit out over the course of a day. Headed north along the coast of Kelley's, stopping a few times to try perch. No luck

Headed out towards the Kelley's shoals where there were some walleye fisherman. Tried trolling with no luck, couldn't go slower than 2.5-3mph and forgot the trolling socks so we couldn't slow it down. No hits. Tried bottom bouncers with nightcrawlers, no luck either.

Tried perchin again after 2-3 hours of monotonous walleye fishing. Still couldn't find the perch. Headed towards the boat ramp around 4.

Will be back up there this weekend, Thursday night - Monday. Going up to East Harbor State Park with a group of friends, but I'm towing the boat just in case us guys get a chance to split with the women and put some lines in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper9 thanks for all the info. Used to barely be any traffic on this forum. Seems to have picked up lately.
    I'll be up this weekend staying at Fenwick. Fishing Saturday - Monday. I can post results from my smart phone. Will mainly be trolling for eyes but would like to get into some perch as well. Channel 68 on the radio. ReelTime

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Crane Creek Sunday 4/22/11. Picked up 2 in 19 fow, Worm harnesses 2oz 40 back, better out by sister

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suspended fish

Hi all, my first post on your site. Sat left out of Bolles headed for west sister and got in the thick of the boats. Three poles set with spinners and had my first fish in 10 minutes.. Continued to bounce on the bottom at 29 ft and never caught another fish.. I think I was fishing under fish all day.. I think I got it figured that the eyes were suspended and I was presenting every bait below them.. tough lesson to learn, but really enjoyed my day with all you eye-hunters!!! good fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

May want to read Happy Hooker's last report.

http://www.happyhookerbaitandtackle....ng_reports.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    May want to read Happy Hooker's last report.

http://www.happyhookerbaitandtackle....ng_reports.asp
    ReelTime Good addition to thread. I cant wait to drag some worms around this weekend. I hope Dave (happy Hooker) is right!

Post Thanks / Like

Gettin Jiggy where you fishin out of?

I'll be draggin these around. Custom balsa cranks my dad makes called WE-Baits.