Lucky Charm Lucky Charm Lucky Charm Lucky Charm

Thread: Lucky Charm

Lucky charm Guest

Default Lucky Charm

I will be heading out wild wings next weekend with my father and was just wondering where would be a good place to start trolling for the big eye's

Water Fox Guest

north of B-C Can is agood place to start.

Water Fox is right and knows his stuff. Deeper water. It just sounds a little early for the sows to start their feed. The tenth of May is when I start to target the big females. I hope you find them and stack em like wood.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

We fished for bigguns last weekend about two miles west of Kelley's.Caught six between five and eight pounds.

Awsome. It is killing me. I can't get back up till May 12.

Default the big ones

when you guys are talkin about trollin for the big ones wat kind of lures do you guys use. how slow do u troll and where is a good place to look for them? i have been jiggin for a couple years and it has been productive but we usually get the males and i wouldnt mind tryin to get into the big sows. any help would be greatly appreciated. this past weekend was rough for us we didnt make it out sat. but i didnt hear very many good reports. made it out on sunday and only picked up 3 ( two on purple and one on john deere green). statred out by crane creek but only managed one. ran east about a mile and a half and managed two more but other than that we caught some huge sheephead. two of which were 10 -12 pounds.

Go back to the previous post, "what crankbaits r hot?". There is alot of valuable information given by many. My honest feeling is most females have the lockjaw as they are recovering from the spawn. You could spend alot of time and catch a few or catch none. Maybe try the reefs and get a few then move out to deeper water and try for the trophy. Troll SLOW!!!! 1-1.2 mph. Most of us have favorite post spawn areas to hit when its on. Get your baits to the bottom if you want the big fish. They sometimes the fish have mud on their pectoral fins from hugging the bottom. Sounds silly but its true. 30 feet of water just off the reefs.

Lucky charm Guest

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks guys I will take all the responces and give it a try! Best of luck to thoughs who are going out this weekend.

Fished 4/19 & 20. Trolled just north of Niagra bouy in the deeper flats. Caught hogs. 30 -31 in fish. caught I think 4 3lbs. Females are off the reefs and are feeding. We ran purple reef runners. Purple Pizm and I think Blueberry some or other. 1.3 MPH. We caught this in the mud after trying west of west reef in the clear flats were I caught most of my fish last year. Good luck, Bob

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Fishing the mud line can be great.As for sticking you baits on the bottom we were targeting big marks from twenty-two to about twenty six ft. down over thirty-four ft,of water.