Port Clinton Port Clinton Port Clinton Port Clinton

Thread: Port Clinton

Default Port Clinton

We just arrived at Port Clinton about an hour ago. We will be headed out in the morning to take the ferry to Kelley's Island. Have a better than average forecast for a couple of days, sunny in the 70's and 2 to 7 mph wind. We'll be using anything and everything to try and land a few fish. We drove from Iowa and from about 150 miles out to Port Clinton is nothing but flat fields and water. Doesn't at all look good. Drove to the lake and it was calm, light rain on the way about 63 degrees. If there is any helpful tidbits a guy needs to know, please by all means toss me a line. I will post if I can pick up free wi-fi anywhere on the island. Thanks.

Try S. East side of Kelly's to Kelly's shoal, and north to the Canadian line. Gull Shoal N. of Kelly's, and the N. West side of Kelly's. Mark the fish and then work them trolling crank baits and worm harnesses. Vary your depth and speed until you find what they want. Good luck.

Default Kellys

Heath J:

I am going to be fishing in that same area Sat. & Sunday, NE of Kellys on the shoals. What channel will you be monitoring? Maybe we can compare our our findings. Anyone else is welcome. Rebel-1 is my handle.