5-12 to 5-14 walleye report 5-12 to 5-14 walleye report 5-12 to 5-14 walleye report 5-12 to 5-14 walleye report

Angry 5-12 to 5-14 walleye report

Just got back from Mother Erie and she was not kind! Tryed 6-8 different areas pulling harnesses with 7 fish caught total for 3 hard days of fishing. Bigest fish 8.5 lbs. Marked a lot of fish, just couldn't get em to bite. We had 4 boats in our group with a total of 26 fish caught! I sure hope it turns arond for my next trip Memorial Day weekend. Hope you guys have better luck than we did.

Blog Entries

Don't feel too bad, as I think you had a lot of company last week. I drove 1500 miles round trip from Omaha Nebraska and fished with my Brother on Tuesday through Thursday and did not catch a single Walleye. We had some Sheepshead and white perch, and that was it. 1500 miles of driving and $1500 worth of deisel/gas and lodging for 4 days. We fished locust and cone reefs, in front of Crane Creek, and we tried trolling by Green Island on Wednesday. We did get to see a lot of the FLW pros at Catawba boat ramp, so that was kind of neat. We stayed in sub-standard lodging, with no internet access, so we could not see the reports last week. Had we been able to log onto Walleye.com, I think we would have been able to pick up enough information to figure out that we could have caught some fish out around Kelley's Island, like some of the pros did. Regardless, we did have a good time, as I only get to see my older Brother once every year or so. I hope the recent poor fishing on Erie is just an anomaly, as I would like to make more trips in the future, even with ridiculous gas prices. I really appreciate the help that I had received before my trip, with Captain Dave, Captain Jim and many others giving me all the advice that they could give to help me have a chance to catch some walleyes. This is a great website, and a great group of guys. Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Phil Shuman

Phil, get a cell phone that has internet access. I have a Verizon Droid and can access it even when on the lake. I can get fishing reports, weather radar, and just about anything I want.

Blog Entries

That is a good idea, and quite frankly, I do have internet service on my cell phone via Sprint, but I have not used it enough to be totally tech saavy yet. Thanks for the advice, and I will have to get with the program so that I have all the tools available to help find some fish.
    Phil

Did better than we did. 2 boats, 5 guys fished from Thursday thru Saturday. 0 eyes. We were fishing all around South Bass. I read reports of fish being caught around Kelleys but with the weather looking iffy every day didn't want to run that far in my little 16' boat.