Locations Locations Locations Locations
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locations

ksayyae Guest

Default Locations

Is there a website/link that will show where the reefs are? Are they a long ride from the Sterling State Park area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

The major reef complex I think you are asking about is near Port Clinton. There are other reefs, but my guess is you are asking about these. This is a very long run from Sterling (30+ miles?). It would be better to trailer around if that is an option or go to the Maumee Bay, which is still a long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sterling State

Try the folks at Matthews Bait at Bolles Harbor...they usually have
    the info. on that side of lake, friendly and knowledgable. Make sure you watch depth if you cut across, go out well off shore or carry spare prop.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Man you definitley want to trailer to Turtle Creek or Wildwings.Unless you have a boat that gets at least twelve miles to a gallon of gas at sixty mph you are just wasting a lot of EXPENSIVE gas money. From either one of the previous launch spots you are only a couple miles away from all of the favored reefs.Last Sunday we never had to go to the reefs. fished one half mile off shore.I was limited in one hour in twelve ft. of water.

OOBUCK Guest

There are plenty of fish in the bay and southern shore-line right now, I really dont think you have to go that far east.

Post Thanks / Like

Default turtle creek

i am deffinatly with erie rebel. wild wings or turtle creek are great for early season. very short runs make it great on the wallet, and the fish are there. went out last friday got 8 then made a run sat got 16 then tuesday came home with 13 all right around 20''-24''. purple hair jigs

need2fish Guest

Default cranecreek

u can go 2 turtle island shelf from s s park.fished there last saturday 3 person limit in 45 minutes . purple hair jigs tipped with minnows 12 feet of water.i heard it was slowing down there . my dad and i have been fishing in front crane creek half mile from dock light blue hair jig tipped. good luck all

need2fish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by need2fish View Post
    u can go 2 turtle island shelf from s s park.fished there last saturday 3 person limit in 45 minutes . purple hair jigs tipped with minnows 12 feet of water.i heard it was slowing down there . my dad and i have been fishing in front crane creek half mile from dock light blue hair jig tipped. good luck all
    very good fishing here early 6:30 am limit every day this week

Lucky charm Guest

Default Lucky Charm

the web site you want to go to is www.lakeeriesportfishing.com/learnthelake.html

adventurefrogger Guest

Thumbs up link?

howdy,
    couldn't get that website/link of the maps to open or work?
    any ideas??
    thanks