Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guests PLEASE sign in.

I Just looked at we have 3 members signed in and 25 guests.. I just read a post a few mins. ago about posting good or bad so everyone knows where to go or not to go with the price of fuel. The 15 or so regulars I thank you for everything you post.. Everyone else lets get typing.. Let us know how you did or where your gonna try.. Maybe someone tried their recently that could give you some ideas.. I know their is some great captains that could help us out but remain quiet.. I seen their posts before the fishing started.. Where are they now? Maybe I post to much? Should I stop? Come On lets hear your thought.. Sign In.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper don't stop posting please, I'll be on the lake SAT-TUESDAY 450 mile drive. Praying for stable weather. and ill post all I have next Wed.
    Last edited by boonie; 05-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Reef complex or island area? Trolling, jigging, casting? Lets give this man some ideas guys! Thats a long trip to make not to be netting some fish..

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper9

You do one heck of a job posting and helping others find fish. Please don't stop posting your comments and reports as they are valuable and helpful to other members. I personally want to thank you for your efforts on this subject as I truely believe you go that extra mile for the members of this forum.
    I will hopefully get to start posting soon if and when I get my boat issues settled. I replaced my engine and have ran into a few tech problems as well as the weather, which has not been conductive to boat repairs outside. I hope to be ready to launch in the next couple of weeks if the weather holds. If so I will be posting my results good or bad, such as location, speed, program and of course number of fish caught.

floating funds Guest

Default Skipper9, This is all I have.

I went out sat about a mile east of Turtle Isl. fished for about 2 hrs with Blade baits didn't do any good. Water was total mud and waves about 3 to 4 out of south east. The 14Th and 15Th of April and Easter Sunday we tore them up using Blade Baits. We need some stable weather conditions for about 3 to 4 days no wind and no rain and I think they will turn on again.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the views at any old fishing report on here, most over 1000+views, then look at any given time and a few members signed on. So that tells me that at least 80% of the traffic looking at your reports are lurkers, i guess with nothing to share. I feel blessed to live so close to the lake, and able to usually fish at least 3 times a week. I have a great group of guys that i share detailed info with, that ive met on this site and other fishing sites thru pm's. I post reports here and there with general info only, anything detailed is pm only for that reason. I have no problem sharing info with any member thru a pm,but im not gonna post detailed info for a 1000+lurkers to view who feel no need to contribute.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

it is a good site and it does not take much to be a member..i tell what ever it is i do or see out on the water...with so many that r not close to the lake like some of us r,,they drive a long way some times to enjoy what we a for granted...i have had made a lot of friends from this site and enjoy the news good or bad from others ...was out yesterday and the water is alot better..out around cone reef the water was clean ..but the fish where slow,,i saw bottum b ouncer being used ,, trollers,, and we where jigging....3 fish green and purp 5/8 jig minnows too ...sing up and stay lgged in thatway all u got to do is hit favs and u r there...happy fishin.may all your nets get wet .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Always looking for good information

I am another one who makes the trip to the western basin a few times a year and appreciate the posts. We are heading for the islands this Sunday for the week it might be right on time. Thank you all for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    I Just looked at we have 3 members signed in and 25 guests.. I just read a post a few mins. ago about posting good or bad so everyone knows where to go or not to go with the price of fuel. The 15 or so regulars I thank you for everything you post.. Everyone else lets get typing.. Let us know how you did or where your gonna try.. Maybe someone tried their recently that could give you some ideas.. I know their is some great captains that could help us out but remain quiet.. I seen their posts before the fishing started.. Where are they now? Maybe I post to much? Should I stop? Come On lets hear your thought.. Sign In.
    jim, don't stop posting....lake erie is in your back yard and the cumulative knowledge you share is top notch to say the least, unlike most other charter captains who prefer to keep their secrets
    i for one live in columbus and keep a 25' sea ray amberjack in huron
    we went out of huron on saturday around 9 am and headed for niagara. the water was terrible dirty so we headed back towards kellys and fished niagara, locust point , south of south bass and then headed for the west side of kellys where the water was waay cleaner, but no fish...ZERO!
    ended back north of kellys and finally the shoal but the wind was too much, if we had been catching something, i would have stayed, so back to huron around 4 o'clock
    we will get 'em next time
    i come up 6-8 times a year and will post results and numbers when we land something

LADY B II.......CH 79

Post Thanks / Like

I was out Saturday evening my crew stood me up in the morning. We fishied the south edge of Locust reef and caught 6 fish. Black and purple jigs no minnows. Fishing from Wed on hope to spread some good news soon.