Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

skipper9 keep posting alot of ppl can benifit from your information. my trip to the western basin had to be moved back due to money issues. it is a long drive from pittsburgh and a good bit of money is needed. i will be making my trip now the first weekend in june (weather permitting) and i have no idea where the eyes may be at this time so any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all.. This what I am talking about.. Lets all post good or bad.. Now that we got some post we know people are catching fish jiggin.. Thats Great..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You

Skipper9,
    I must admit, I am a lurker. I do have an explaination though.

I have never fished for the eyes on Erie. I just purchased a 17' Lund late last fall. My goal is to get over there and fish. I live abit west of Chicago. Without your services, it would be a crapshoot for me to drive all the way over just to find out the trip was in vain. Yours and other post have been invaluable to me.

Not only are you willing to share where the fish might be, I have found this site to be very educational as to what techniques and methods are best to be used. Again, never having fished over there, I would have been clueless as to where to start.

I review this site probably three or four times daily and eagerly soak up any new information posted. I can not thank you guys enough for sharing your knowledge. Hopefully, time permitting, the wife and I will be visiting your area soon!

Again, a hearty thank you!!!
    DiamondArt

Post Thanks / Like

these guys are dead on skipper is a stand up guy. he has always been great to me even when i didnt ask for info he would give it to me. he even offered to take my son perch fishing without even knowing us. i couldnt go but i still thank him for that. i will be posting as soon as the weather holds. i have tryed to go up every week for a month and the weather will not cooperate. thanks again jim. good luck every one. going up this sun and mon. if momma nature lets me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firetiger View Post
    Look at the views at any old fishing report on here, most over 1000+views, then look at any given time and a few members signed on. So that tells me that at least 80% of the traffic looking at your reports are lurkers, i guess with nothing to share. I feel blessed to live so close to the lake, and able to usually fish at least 3 times a week. I have a great group of guys that i share detailed info with, that ive met on this site and other fishing sites thru pm's. I post reports here and there with general info only, anything detailed is pm only for that reason. I have no problem sharing info with any member thru a pm,but im not gonna post detailed info for a 1000+lurkers to view who feel no need to contribute.
    I understand what you are saying but here's my situation. I work a lot of hours and finally made it out for the first time this year and I did post my results - not so good. However, I sit at my computer all day at work with this site and a couple others open looking for some good news and wishing I had a fishing report to post. Sure many of those fishing reports have a 1000+ views but i'm probably responsible for at least 100+ views on every one of them.
    THANK YOU to all those that fish and post their reports. Us overworked, underpaid minions greatly appreciate it. I'm taking a half day Tuesday and going to try it in the afternoon - if things stay calm at work. I will post a report if i make it.
    Thanks again for all the quality reports on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the info. I am from the other end of the lake (Buffalo area). Our season opens Sat. and to tell you the truth we only got rid of the ice a few weeks ago. I envy your end of the lake - you are able to get out so much earlier than us. Most of our marinas and launch sites don't open until May 15th. I usually post on the eastern end but there are not many that contribute also. Right now our lake temperature is 39 deg. I enjoy reading about the success or lack of success that you are having. It keeps me looking forward to the great fishing days ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Thank you for all the info. I am from the other end of the lake (Buffalo area). Our season opens Sat. and to tell you the truth we only got rid of the ice a few weeks ago. I envy your end of the lake - you are able to get out so much earlier than us. Most of our marinas and launch sites don't open until May 15th. I usually post on the eastern end but there are not many that contribute also. Right now our lake temperature is 39 deg. I enjoy reading about the success or lack of success that you are having. It keeps me looking forward to the great fishing days ahead.
    Captain Joe, I completly understand.. I can tell you this we are leaving lots of fish in the lake for you this year.. LOL. Hopefully next spring will be better.. Give me a call next Jan or so and you and five guys can come down and be my quest for a spring trip.. Wont cost you a dime.. Hope to fish with you..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Sign In

I check this site 4-5 times a year just before I make a trip to Bolles Harbor. I haven"t been signing in. I damn sure will if it means any info will keep coming from the the guys that get on the water once a week or more. Without this info a guy like me has no chance of knowing where to start. Even with the info it's tuff to get to the right spot. I'm coming down tomorrow(wed.). Can't get there till noon. Can someone tell me where to start in relationship to the lighthouse. I will post my results Thur. Thanks again to all you guys that give up info.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I am doing this right. I joined last year and have never posted. I just purshased a 270 sportcraft that I am fixin up. I appreciate the reports on here and I will post my own when I get my boat done which I hope will be in the next couple weeks. I got the itch to fish and my paid for dock is sitting empty. thanks again for your posts and info

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Skipper9 been reading your posts for years, just didn't take time to register. Well here I am like it or not. Coming up Thur-Sun May 12-15th. I go by LUMBERMAN on channel 69 if you want to give me a holler! Thanks for all the reports and advice for all us lurkers over the years. I will post some results after I get back to Cincinnati! Plan on pulling boards with worm harnesses.