sat. catch results sat. catch results sat. catch results sat. catch results
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

shuclan, good luck on your trip and thank you for you service to our great country my family and i are greatful for you protecting us

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Shuclan thank you for your service to our great country!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our group had two boats out of WW on Saturday for 8 hrs starting around 7:00. Our boat got 3 in the box and had 3 others lost at the net. The other boat brought in 2 plus caught a bass and a sheephead. I had one on for about 5 seconds. Fun and torture at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words, Captain Jim and Eyeassassin. It was an honor to serve, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! One thing that I could use some advice on is in the trolling area. I think I am prepared to jig, cast, use bottom bouncers or troll, but I would appreciate any advice anyone has on general areas, depths and lures. I noted some postings about trolling around the cans, and Capt. Dave mentioned spoons as one of his choices for lures, but if anyone has any additional advice, I would be grateful. I am just learning the tricks of trolling, and I have the trollers bible, Off Shore planer boards with tattle flags and a good assortment of crankbaits, spinner rigs, and a few spoons. Most of the walleye fishing I am used to is in south Dakota using bottom bouncers or lindy rigs, but there is some trolling done as well. Thanks again for your kind words, and any advice that you can share.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

shuclan, What is going to be your first day on the water? We are just getting ready to transition to next style of fishing.. Right now its jigs, minnows, and crankbaits. But soon it will be worms, and spoons.. As I offer to everyone that asks feel free to call to talk fishing.. 614.327.7144. thks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Capt. Jim,
    Our first day on the water will be next Tuesday, May 10th. When you talk about spoons, are you talking about trolling with spoons, or casting? I have never fished Erie during the transition time, so I am not familiar with how most fishermen go after the walleyes after they spawn. All of my time on Erie has been during the summer months. I really appreciate your willingness to help. That means alot to me. Thanks again for your help.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I was talking about trolling spoons with a jet diver.. Most people will be switching over to worm harnesses either casting or bottom bouncing.. It wont be long.. Hopefully fish coperating this weekend I will have a program in place for you by sunday night for your tuesday trip.. I will not be back on the water till friday night.. Having a electronic problem fixed on the baot.. No problem just time consuming..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your help, Captain Jim. I have some Jet Divers for various depths, but I have never trolled with them, so it would be great to try something new. I use bottom bouncers quite a bit when fishing on the South Dakota reservoirs, so I am pretty confident with them. Do you use them while drifting over the reefs, or do you use them while slow trolling on the drop off or ledges around the reefs, or both? We usually slow troll them out here on the edges of drop offs, or at the depth that we mark walleyes near the bottom, and then we stay on that depth contour line. Thanks again for your help. This means a great deal to me.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone know what this saturday holds for weather

Boy am I ever tired of this weather canceled two trips so far, but come hell or highwater this saturday I am bring three friends up to fish. anybody have any ideas on where we should start. Its a 3hour drive so when we get to the lake would like to start out early and not waste time driving around looking for the EYES. i have been reading lots of post and looks like maybe cone or crane or locust. thanks in advance for any info

Post Thanks / Like

I usually follow the pack and the first Charter boat the nails one I tie off his boat and borrow what ever their using ;-) no we have a 7 hrs drive starting at 9pm Friday and will get our license at Happy Hookers then proceed to one of the reefs and start our drifts. I’m taking my laptop with air card and will post Sat evening. Boonie