sat. catch results sat. catch results sat. catch results sat. catch results
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A group of five of us went out today and did fair based on the conditions. We went out of Port Clinton a mile or so and fished in front of the beach area 12-15 ft of water. We started fishing at 6 and watched lightning bolts in the distance for thirty minutes then fished in the rain for about an hour before it cleared off. We caught ten total lost 4. 3 pound average. Spotty fishing all day. Purple and yellow jigs. Saw one walleye at the surface that the captain said was a good sign that the fish were still spawning and in the area. Based on the list at the fish cleaning place we did about as well as anyone. A lot of 4 and 5 pound cleans.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Default we got skunked!!!

mother nature kicked my sauger season out! ohio river still flooded! and now we got skunked jiggn walleye! i enjoyed being on the lake but wow! just managed 1 eye to the boat that was today. fri&sat didnt set the hook once we fished out of lamberjacks and out of mazuric to troll around kellys talked to some guys (2) and they caught six sat. thats the best iv heard as far as ratio ill be back end of may hope the fish get going soon!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    I sucked.. Trolled all around Kellys. Deep,shallow, clean warer, stained water. Threw everything at them except the first mate. We only managed to catch one 7 lber..
    Hey Skipper- I plan on making my maiden voyage the 13. Friday the 13th that is. Hope it isn't an omem. We got a new ride so I am looking forward to getting the walleye slime on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Spoontang, Word on the street your gonna be doing alot more fishing this year? Whats kind of new ride did you get?

Post Thanks / Like

I sucked.. Trolled all around Kellys. Deep,shallow, clean warer, stained water. Threw everything at them except the first mate. We only managed to catch one 7 lber..
    Jig for them. I had a 3 boat trip this weekend and we did fairly well, compared to all the guys I spoke with. Friday all I heard was , nothin, nothin, I took 2 on Fri and other 2 boats had 0. Saturday one boat had 1, other had 8 , and another had 15. Sunday after the little storm we took 8 ,8 , and 18 after a small move. I tried to stay away from other boats but 30 ft. Sportcrafts in a somewhat line starts to grow then the fishing slows. Jig of a few diff. colors, minnow and without minnow, its the action the jig makes more than anything. Find a spot with good marks and fish it methodically. I saw so many little boats with 2 drift socks and hardly moving and I had 1 or 2 bags out an blew right by them all. Talked with alot of small boats today as they came in and all thumbs down. Water clearity is decent for what has gone on for 2 weeks. I also saw alot of big boats running all over so I thought it was best to stick with 1 or 2 spots and just keep at it. Mike Ike (bass guy) says never give up. Fish the edges of good stucture and contours that show good marks on your screen. The fish are there ,stained or not. The stomachs are empty on the ones we cleaned and the males are near done with the milk stage. Next week I would say jig with worms and small spinners just off the bottom.
    Yep , I got em all , all weekend, that is all the lake would give up. If the customers are smiling at the end of the day , thats what counts. Fishing is fishing. Capt. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job Greg.. Thats the best report i have heard.. I did not want to make that long trip 19 miles each way over their with the reports that I heard.. I did not have a charter sat. just a couple friends just fun fishing.. I agree worns are way over due. with alot of hungry fish.. good luck..

Post Thanks / Like

Spoontang, Word on the street your gonna be doing alot more fishing this year? Whats kind of new ride did you get?
    We picked up a SeaRay 290 Sundancer and plan to live aborad it all summer. Lots of comforts on board for the wife and alot of fishing deck for me. I can't wait!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

From a friend of mine;Fishing sucked. Water was dirty on Saturday but cleaned up a little on Sunday. We had 3 fish for 6 of us on Saturday and were one of the top boats. A group of 18 at our condos had a bet between the 3 boats on first, biggest, and most. Listening to the captains radio talk as of 2:30 on Saturday none of the 3 boats had a fish. The guys in the condo next to us stayed Saturday night but just got up and went home Sunday because they didn’t have any on Saturday. Our captain said things are mostly running about 2 weeks behind but most of the fish have spawned. The water temp was around 47. Maybe 3 to 4 footers on Saturday but Sunday wasn’t as bad except for the rain we had on and off. It was almost too calm for a while Sunday and hard to even get a good drift going. We did get 9 fish on Sunday and there were a few others caught that we could see getting netted but the sheephead bite got better also. I had one smallie about 14 to 15 inches. Overall it was a long trip for no fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thanks for the Info

I am making the trip to Erie from Omaha, Nebraska (700+ miles) next week, and I really appreciate the help that I get from reading these posts, especially from Captain Jim and the other Charter Captains that are willing to share information. I retired in June 2007 from the Dept. of Defense after 27 years combined service in the Air Force and as a DoD civilian intelligence analyst. I have tried to make 1 trip per year to Erie since retiring, and if it were not for the great exchange of information on this site, I would be lost. I did fish Erie in the late 70's until 1980 when I joined the USAF, but I know that the lake is a lot different than it was back then. Last year I received a lot of help from Captain Dave (Walidave), and he has offered help again this year, so again, I just want to say thanks to everyone who is willing to help a guy like me find a few Walleyes. Finally, I just want to say that I am proud to have served alongside some of the finest men and women that God put on earth, especially after what has transpired this week. I will post my results on May 14th. Thanks again to everyone for their help and willingness to share information.
    Phil Shuman

Post Thanks / Like

shuclan, normally coming that kind of distance I would offer my help. But since You walidave helping you. I dont believe you will need any.. Walidave is a great fisherman and a hell of a captain.. thanks for the post and thank you for serving..