wind weather and gas wind weather and gas wind weather and gas wind weather and gas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wind weather and gas

the wind has to be screwing up the fresh spawn on lake erie with 8 footers out of northeast one day then 50 mph next day out of southwest with no water in channels gale warnings tornandos water going down 9 ft from one day to the other.gas prices at 4.15 a gallon now and suppose to be 5 bucks by memorial day thats 6 bucks at the marina.at 120 gallon tank thats 720 dollars a fill up. spent money on dock 160, 300 for insurance, 70 dollars for my 3 year tags, 80 dollars for towing insurance, 100 dollars for lift in,1000 dollars on repairs,300 bucks for wax bottom paint, 250 for new fishing equipment, 1200 new lowrance gps /fishfinder and no fish in frezzer. walleyes 8.99 a pound at telegraph fish market and they are the small ones 1-2 pounders, with bait gas and ice and fish cleaning its a 150 average trip if not more for gas. if i just bought my fillets 899 times 18 tahats just 162 dollars with enough walleye fillets to frezze for winter. put the rest of money in the bank sell boat after 27 years put that money in the bank. wife wants to go to hawaii so i will take her if i get to fish taking a charter there is cheaper then fishing erie. its a shame the gas prices are effecting us this way. charters will have to raise there price to pay for fuel. so do we sit at the dock, fish for perch close to shore, or just sit on boat and get drunk, case of beer and bottle of whiskey 25 bucks then i wony give a poop
    Last edited by rscotfish; 04-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.

You are right, with the price of gas, dockage,insurance etc. walleye are costing about $1,000.00/lb.

It's going to get ugly all around the U.S. this year, vacations will be cancelled along with fishing and hunting trips. Too bad with all the speculators robbing us blind that our Government doest care if inflation sky rockets as our dollar dwindles to nothing. I'm still coming next weekend, but my next two trips might be cutoff due to low $$$ I feel sorry for those who just bought motor homes
    Last edited by boonie; 04-29-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boonie View Post
    It's going to get ugly all around the U.S. this year, vacations will be cancelled along with fishing and hunting trips. Too bad with all the speculators robbing us blind that our Government doest care if inflation sky rockets as our dollar dwindles to nothing. I'm still coming next weekend, but my next two trips might be cutoff due to low $$$ I feel sorry for those who just bouth motor homes
    The untethered spending has devalued the dollar, the President warned us how he wanted us to pay what europe payed for gas before he was elected. It is comming to be that way.

Default I hear ya...

I have 2 boats... 22ft PennYenn at turtle creek. A 12ft boat at the Lost pennisula... Their goes 2k... Haven't fueled up either boat.add in all the prep work and money you"ve got 4k before you put them in the water...Now it's gonna be a $60 to take the lil boat to the Islands...Food ,beer gas. charcole...This economey is a mess and without ppl using the lake as much it costs everyone millions...I mean who wants to spend 150 to go fish for a few hrs??? the "Fish market" seems like the way to go...And Steve give's me a discount!!!!Guess I have to fish on Telegraph rd from now on...But I'll put them in this weekend anyways, cause I love the lake...

Me, My dad and my uncle have debated for years about buying a boat for Lake Erie and came to the conclusion it's cheaper to book a charter many times a year than maintain a boat. We can regularly find six guys to fill the boat and costs us each $100 including tip for the charter. Tack on gas etc. and it averages out to about $175 a trip per person. Add on a captain that fishes daily and puts you on fish and it's not a bad deal. It made our decision pretty easy.

Doug

Never Done Guest

Wakina, Reagan inherited pure crap from Carter - but had it turned around in about 18 months and also created over a decade of prosperity. Obama's been at it over 2 years and made it worse. Bush might be at fault, but Obama campaigned for 2 years how he is the man to make it all better. So why isn't it better? Too much spending on things that really didn't create jobs. 70% of our economy is consumer spending. So lets spend gov money wisely on creating jobs so consumers will spend again and feel good about it. Rebuilding bridges and roads are short-term jobs that cosume huge amounts of cash. We need jobs that will last years and years. Interestly, Roosevelt tried to spend his way out of a depression too and the depression lasted 10 years.

Sadly, this isn't even bad yet. Wait until the entitlement crowd can swing an election. Its almost here - we're at about 36% of the nation feels they deserve things they didn't earn. Money from the rich, free healthcare, hell free everything. Get to 50% and its all over. Dems promise those too lazy to work free everything in return for their vote - yup even make the illegals citizens and in return - yup, you guessed it - more votes. Once the ole' scale tips toward an entitlement society, there's no going back folks. Look at all the protests that have gone on over in Europe. People don't want to give back all the entitlements they didn't earn. Which way is it going to tip? So you all have to ask yourself, are you part of the entitlement crowd that feels its OK to get free stuff off the backs others or are you willing to work for what you have?

Never Done, well said and I agree 100%

Unhappy

anybody want to buy a boat i heard gas was to top off when it was 3.89 but when i woke up it was 4.15. why does it go up 30 cents a gallon but only go down pennies.and can the charters run without raising the price. buddy lost his 35 dollar an hour union job and now works for 8 an hour with 2 kids how does he afford to go fishing
    Last edited by rscotfish; 04-28-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Default money

With all the prices going crazy i'm still amazed,this ummer there will still be boats tied three deep at Put in Bay.Somebody still has money to spend but it's sure not the fishermen,especially the retired ones on fixed incomes as I am. Going after perch close in may be all thats left,next thing they will ban all perch fishing on our side. The case of beer and the bottle of whiskey sounds good to me. As we call it on our boat wet camping!