wind weather and gas wind weather and gas wind weather and gas wind weather and gas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inappropiate post

I pulled/deleted my earlier comments from this thread as they were not fishing related or forum topic related and were totally inappropiate for this forum thread, I apologize to any one that I may have offended with those political comments.

Wakina

Post Thanks / Like

Default wind and gas

gota got do it...can not sit here no more ...going out of turtle creek this morr..going to see if i can find some fish out there...been 5 days now ..if nothing else drink a few beers and take a boat ride....tired of being stuck inside cause of weather...i ll let u know what up ...hope to see that net splashing in ther water..

Post Thanks / Like

Looks a little breezy and with the dirty water, GOOD LUCK.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree here with all said. Two summers ago I did the same calculation as rscotfish. I by no means am a great walleye fisherman and have never limited out. That year walleye were costing me over $170/lb. That was when gas was $2.89! That year my season was cut short when I threw a rod in the starboard engine. Had to have my boat transported 170 miles to my home two replace both engines. After a year and a half of work and two new big blocks and two new transmissions and re-rigging the entire boat, that price per pound is astronomical.
    I launched April 9th and have fished every saturday and sunday since then and have boated two walleye. I filled up both tanks the day I launched and spent over $1200 just in gas. With two 195 gallon tanks and $5 a gallon gas that is sure to come, filling up will be almost $2000! Ridiculous!
    I am by no means wealthy. I work a job I hate and had to take over a $10,000/year paycut just to keep it. Not just that, but to keep the company truck I had, I had to purchase it from the company and buy my own insurance for it. My boat took every single penny I had to maintain and operate. Now it takes more. I now cannot enjoy just the wife and me out fishing. I have to try to find friends to come to help offset the fuel costs. And honestly, I have a hard time convincing friends to pitch in a mere $50 for a day fishing! They're all broke to! Me and the wife eat one meal a day thru the week. We go nowhere and do nothing. We work our jobs and wait til fridays. We head north and eat good and drink beer and good island wines. We are then broke again all week, but we do what we love.
    That all said, and we can ***** all we want, but we will still be out there doing it. Or at least I will. If all I can do is make it out the channel and shut down and drift for fish all day long, then thats what I'll do. I knew going into buying a big boat it would drain every penny I had. You know what, I was right! For the last 5 years it has. But I knew that from the start. I just don't care anymore. I boat and fish because I simply LOVE it. I grew up on Lake Erie with my Great Grandfather fishing every day of every week in the summers from the time I was 3 til he died when I was 12. I grew up on Erie and I'll die on Erie. Bankrupt or not!
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is a fishing board

Guys, come on, I hear enough about politics and I'm not going to say who I disagree with on this board, but can we please just our posts to FISHING! I come here for my escape and gather GOOD information.

Post Thanks / Like

This economy has hit everyone,repub/dems/independ/ pretty hard.I agree that this board is for fishing but I don't see how we can sit back and not talk about how the price of fuel is killing our sport.I keep my boat at Fenwick {drydock} but I still have to drive my Ford F-350 up and back from Columbus.It is a 300 mile round trip and I use about 20 gallons of diesel.At $4.20/gallon this means I spend about $85.00 dollars just in the truck.The boat has a 120 Gallon tank and gas is going to be $5.00 by Memorial Day.That means $600 to fill up the boat.I should not have to ask anyone who comes with me to help out but it always seems like I foot most of the bill.I love Lake Erie and thats what keeps me coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I pulled/deleted my earlier comments from this thread as they were not fishing related or forum topic related and were totally inappropiate for this forum thread, I apologize to any one that I may have offended with those political comments.

Wakina
    Hey Wakina, this may be a fishing site for Lake Erie but you can bet your last Erie Deerie that politics has a much more profound and lasting impact on our favorite past time than the wind, water temperature and waves. More people need to think before they pull that lever in the voting booth. As for the gas prices, I'm putting in one more year. I love fishing the lake and no smooth talking, communist Chicago gangsta is gonna shut me down - YET! And I've no apology for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Politics here

I agree no politics should be on a fishing forum.

The only fix to politics is if they (Congressmen) were in office prior to November, 2008 vote against them because they are all part of the problem.

With that said, and no more politics from me, the water will be clearing soon, the waters calming and the fish will be finally ready to be caught so let's go fishing.

Good luck and Tight lines guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind a little bit now and then. This thread seems to be timely.

OK, now back to some tuff fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2008 Gas was $4.99 a gallon at almost all if not all of the marina gas docks in East Harbor, in 2007 it hit a high of $4.39 maybe more at the gas docks in East Harbor, who's fault was that? It didn't stop me from fishing then and won't stop me now.
    There are some who act like this is the first time gas has been to $4.00 or more, well it's not and it won't be the last time, fact is we may never see $4.00 gas again it may just go higher and stay there. Every one has a choice to either spend the money or not spend the money to go fishing, but crying in public about it on this forum, pointing fingers and calling people names is not helpful to the other members of this forum and besides it will not change anything. The best way to help is to go fishing and post accurate factual fishing reports about your days fishing, no matter if you are successful or not successful as to the method you used, and the location where you fished, this will, in the long run help everyone conserve on their resources and get more fish per dollar spent on fuel. I intend to keep on fishing until I can no longer get around any more to fish or climb in my boat. I don't intend to get into a political pissing match with other members of this forum over gas prices. That is why I deleted my post, it was inappropiate for this forum, and it served no useful purpose for the other members of this forum.