April/May (jig) April/May (jig) April/May (jig) April/May (jig)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: April/May (jig)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default April/May (jig)

Wow, its been a challenge for us weekend warriors. Seemed like last years monday thru friday were then weekends turned to **** for us. Now I (we ?) cant BUY$ a day in April 2011. I did fish April 8-9 decent, but thought the past 2 weekends would be the ticket! Oh well, maybe the weather guy may go to out favor for a weekend. Looks like May 1st week may dryout, but how long will it take the lake to settle out? May just put jigs away, and get ready for the meat and harnesses/spoons. Guys...Is it just me or did I get way to excited in Feb, early March, put boat in to early and jinnx myself? I wont quit, it cant rain and blow 5 out of 7 day a week and they have to EAT.
    Good luck to all, and lets hope for a last weekend in April- Sometin Fishy (turtle/east harbor)

Post Thanks / Like

they gotta eat huh? not from what i have seen. 3 weekends in a row and iv egot 4 fish
    been drifting the reefs and shollows out by turtle. think maybe i might anchor and try a more vertical jig i think my drift might be too fast. i have marked fish just think i might be going by them too fast. anyone else have this problem ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Yah

So was that 4 total, or 4 each trip there? Yea Im sure if you work like hell you can catch your 4 per day, but wtf. I liking the 4 or limit in a 2 hour trip so we can get chores done at home. +
    I know my drift has been to fast, thinking the same thing. Caught my last 2 with extra weights added to white'purlpe jigs.

Wanted to anchor, but the boat traffic was stacked. Didn't want to be the boat that got into the way, but think that might of been the ticket. Been slidding to fast for jigs, I have an extra bag ready for this Saturday-Ron

Post Thanks / Like

4 total! hell i take four fish each trip but thats 4 total with 4 on the boat each day
    sooooooo
    ill be fishing my ass off all day sat and sunday to catch up i will get my 16 fish on both days if it kills me lol

Post Thanks / Like

Fished all day last Sunday and only got 4.Lost 2 nice ones right next to the boat.Fished out of Fenwick and hit Cone and Niagria.Will be out again Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default weekend

Looks like weather is changing again by the hour, may have a decent chance this weekend, Sunday will be able to bag SIX. Good luck to all, and mother nature...WE LOVE YOU (come on now please!)