May 1st May 1st May 1st May 1st
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 1st

Post Thanks / Like

Default May 1st

Heading down this weekend, no new posts from today, did'nt anyone get out today, is the weather and fishing that bad? Hope it clears up before Sunday.

farside2008 Guest

Default L. Erie Walleye Fishing

It looks like this Friday & Saturday will be the best days to take a shot at Mr. Walleye. I also read Happy Hooker Bait & Tackle posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Fishing???????

It blew yesterday to 30 MPH and we just had a tornado siren go off. Winds in excess of 40 mph today. Nah! I aint going out in this. My boat has sat since? Well???? Its getting hard to remember. It been blowing like the bee geezers up here. I am thinking next Tue/Wed I will get out or maybe Wed/Thur

Post Thanks / Like

Put my boat in the water on April 16th. Drove it from the lift to the dock (300 yards). It's been an exciting year thus far - lol

Post Thanks / Like

My boat has been in since April 1st. I have only been out fishing once on April 9th. Got out late that date and managed 1 eye. water was still very cold then. It's getting to the point that I am sending the same text to my friends each week. "No fishing. Rain, wind, and extremely muddy water. Hopefully next week" so here's hoping to next week!!!

BTW - I was the one that caught the walleye, so I rub it to my friends that I have caught 100% of the walleye on the boat so far this year!!

Post Thanks / Like

all this wind is not good for the spawn or am i wrong what do you think

Post Thanks / Like

Default BAD For the Spawn

Hey Rscot, i havent been down to the Maumee river this year,and probably wont, but the site for Maumee bait and Tackle has some pics of some really nice sized eyes,and several friends have told me this is one of the best runs they can remember.I gave up river ratting due to the Way too frickin crowded conditions it gets to down there.only way i would do the river now is in a boat,and even my 18 ft. old Grady is to deep for the run, at least to get to the good areas.
    Made it out 1 time this year,besides an ice fishing jaunt,we landed 3 eyes,lost 3 at the boat and had plenty o action in the mornin.might have been around the 9th or 10th,cant quite remember.Sattelite views yesterday showed no clear water in the typical areas,Turtle island to lighthouse are,humps on the south of channel,cedar point,even the little clearing out by the reefs has blown out past West sister,,I kinda wonder if it aint to early to head over towards Kelleys or the other islands,seems to be the only clear areas around???
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default bocajemma

Keep up the high averages, sounds like my story. I've been in since 9th also, fished 9-10 with 6in boat and 3 lost. Every weekend is sos, but rumors have it we can still get em in 1st-2nd week in May. (water my clear then...) - Well maybe this weekend...I've been sounding like a broken record at work, but then again so have the weathermen.

Post Thanks / Like

and I just got a call this morning from the dock master informing me that my boat got a little dinged up with the wind last night...... apparently 50-60mph winds last night.

Post Thanks / Like

that suck i hope it isnt to bad