When will the lake clear When will the lake clear When will the lake clear When will the lake clear

Question When will the lake clear

I,m wondering what the lake will look like by the 28th. I'm coming from Ky. and don't want to make the drive if the conditions are still bad. If the wind stays down- will the lake clear up even if we have off and on showers or do both conditions have to stay right all week? I would appreciate some insight from anybody who knows the lake.

Thanks
    onetrack

The lake may take a bit to clean up with all the rain and winds its gonna be awhile.

If the winds stops or comes out of the south and the sun shines alot then there will be a big improvement in 4 to 5 days, most of the murky water is actually sand that became suspended with the high winds out of the NW and the NE. The sun helps settle that sand and the lack of a North wind of any kind would allow things to clear/settle out alot faster. The rivers will still be muddy but they don't contribute as much to the current conditions as one might think, but that Gale force wind from any Northerly direction sure does.

Looking at the 1rst sat photo today vs. the photo from the 21rst the lake has already started to clear up in the Kelly Island area, gull shoals/middle island area. Probably won't get another good photo until next week to check progress.

i think if the rain dont stop ..and the wind too.. it is going to be atleast a week for it to get better..is still have 7-8 inch of water in yard..i know all of that goes to the lake..has any body looked a the river..there is still alot to get out of there..now rain today tomm, and so on all the way to thurs...saw some where 2 more inchs to come yet...not good for river fishin..and the mud will b just that much more...got blown of the lake yesterday..looked like a parkin lot on reefs yesterday did see a few taken ...not burnin up the nets..