Any chance for this weekend? Any chance for this weekend? Any chance for this weekend? Any chance for this weekend?

Default Any chance for this weekend?

Can we fish this weekend? Just looking at the weather and other than a 30%-40% chance of rain. the wind/weather forecast doesn't look horrible. I take it that there is little to no chance that the water will clear up enough for the fish to turn on. I've seen that there are other threads where people are canceling vacation and trips. I guess just hoping that we will actually have an enjoyable spring.

I have guys that want to drive 13 hours to fish this weekend but we obviously want to give ourselves the best chance. I only live 4 hours away. what do you guys think about our chances if the wind stays down sat and sun? should I wast my time?

thank you as always for your honest replies!

Coach Frank Guest

I am hoping for promising news as well, but it may not be in the cards for this weekend. My son will be home for Easter so we would only have Saturday. Hate to make the 4 hour trip for nothing.

Default weather fishable

Well the weather forecast for Sunday is looking fishable. Saturday would be iffy. I have heard possibly 50mph gusts on Saturday, but out of the SW. the big question is the water clarity. The lake has been beat up for a while now. We should get a satellite view today and probably Saturday to see how muddy it is. My guess is that it's extremely muddy, but you could get out to fish on Sunday. Most likely would struggle to catch fish, but you never know.

I would say if you can wait a week do it.. You may catch one or two this weekend but that would be it.. visiability is about one inch.. I would not make the trip this weekend..

Blog Entries

Skipper9

Your bringing me down I want to try the new boards. I attempted to go out last Sunday but almost cried like a little girl, wrong choice. Hope to pull some cranks Saturday if the blow will allow it.

Kevin

Kevin, I thought you disapperd.. Have fun with those boards.. their is a contour line that runs from niagra reef to d can . stay just to the east of that line and run your leads 20 to 40 back. This is your best shot.. Good luck..

Blog Entries

Capt Jim,

Not much to say when your road fishing just hoping the weather will turn around soon for the fisherman.

Kevin

jasonpiatt Guest

Default Any thoughts for this weekend?

I'm new to fishing lake erie. Usually spend my time on Lake Ontario for Salmon. Any thoughts for the coming weekend? Probably gonna fish weather permitting...

Cool

Thinkin been blowin to hard to many ways...it will take a little time ..all u can do is try...and hope the word gets out that they r gettin fish...u know some of the caps, dont like to tell.....still cant fig that out..