discussion on lake discussion on lake discussion on lake discussion on lake

Default discussion on lake

this weather sucks so might as well talk. is anyone going fishing thursday and friday or do you think that it is to muddy. can you catch them jigging when the lake is so stured up. lookes like theres a window to fish thursday and poss. fri.

2. Default

I'm wondering the same thing. I think that Thur morning is not going to be good with a heavy blow overnight, it doesn't sound like it will be calmed down by then. I'm looking to go Friday if we can dodge the rain, but not very optomistic about the muddy water. I guess it just depends on how stirred up things got. It would be nice to get a clear satelite pic soon. I'd like to get some advice as well.

Coach Frank Guest

My son will be home from college this weekend and we were planning on Saturday.....I don't know, does not look good. I do need to make the trip to look at a place we might buy, but I'd hate to drag the boat all the way there and not go out or catch anything. Will all my whinning make the weather co-operate??

i agree never fished in water that muddy up there, does anyone have an adea on how long it takes to settle or does the muddy water run the walleyes out.thur. evening is calling for 1 foot or less and fri. doesnt look bad but that changes hourly. there has got to be a lot of hungry walleye up there!!!!.

this is definitely getting old. we are going to go from winter right into summer at this rate. I see what happens.....buy a boat..then you can't use it

Unhappy Fishing muddy water

Fished in the muddy water on Saturday in front of Turtle Creek. Wind hard rain and caught 2 keepers and lost a couple. The fish are there you just have to have the wind lay to get them. Couldn't get bit on jig went to blade bait started catching. Then the wind drove us off.

Arrow Water Clarity/ Clense rate

Hard to say. Generally 2-3 days t clear up after good blows, but jigging season is different. The eyes attack the jig because of aggressive behavior and spawning. Not neccessarily hunger. More protective to beds. They hear just fine as your jig bangs the bottom. Many times we catch them in the dirty water. The real question is? Why travel miles and miles for 1/2 day and that's a maybe? This week is horrible and even the locals are staying ashore. The water will clean up quickly once the wind swings to the west or south. If the wind will slow down we don't know? The weekend will be a go if the winds settle. Water clarity will not deter efforts.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Thanks guys im staying home and fishing local lakes this week, just looked at lake satellite and it lookes like total mud. be up next week if mother nature will allow it.