maumee bay maumee bay maumee bay maumee bay
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maumee bay

JS 31 Guest

Default maumee bay

comin up from erie on 25th of march any suggestions or tips for fishin the bay last couple of trips have been rough! thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default bay

JS, What's your game plan so far? What marina do you want to go out of ? What part of the bay did you try? You had a hard time getting fish or bad weather?

JS 31 Guest

staying at lake erie lodge goin out meinke marina east winds and the other times just not gettin the jig right ithink thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Since Mar. 25th is only 2 weeks away,the water might be a little too cold yet ,unless something happens soon. Thats when i plan on getting my boat out to. I might go on someone elses boat before that,but don't expect much before that weekend. Once I start, I usually fish 5 days a week and try to post reports. Keep watching these reports, last year there was a few guys that were real good about posting reports. Get a good map of the bay area if you don't have GPS so you can get an idea of where everybodys talking about. The east wind you can't do much about. Just bring a least 2 drift socks or 3 if you can. If it's too rough out the lake erie lodge has a bar or Scarlett's is only 10 minutes away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default East winds

forget it. Drink Heavily. At least ur out of the house but that's about it. Dirties the water up and too rough

Post Thanks / Like

Look for clean water... Try just east of the Radar Bouy, Little Cedar, or in between the harbor light and Turtle..

JS 31 Guest

thanks lowelife for the info i'll give it a shot it cant get worse than last year do you recommend anywhere else that would be better?

JS 31 Guest

thanks jiginitis 69 i'll keep the cooler full!

Post Thanks / Like

That's where we always fish. Had a great year last year.. I also fish up by Turtle Creek and Wild Wings and had alot of sucess their too.. If you head that way just look for the pack of boats and join in..But most of the fish we cought were between the Radar bouy harbor light and little ceder....I'll post where I"m catching soon as I get out... Good luck

JS 31 Guest

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOWE LIFE View Post
    That's where we always fish. Had a great year last year.. I also fish up by Turtle Creek and Wild Wings and had alot of sucess their too.. If you head that way just look for the pack of boats and join in..But most of the fish we cought were between the Radar bouy harbor light and little ceder....I'll post where I"m catching soon as I get out... Good luck
    what launch would i use or can we get there from meinke marina?