stop the bickering stop the bickering stop the bickering stop the bickering

Angry stop the bickering

the law is, what the law is! agree or not, ODNR is responsible to monitor the population of walleye in the lake and set limits accordingly. same as the deer seasons/zones. for the most part they do an excellent job. most fisherman could'nt tell a male from a female walleye if they're life depended on it. however, if the big females needed protection don't you think that they would establish a slot limit? by the way, i personally throw the big ones back, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to!

Just so every one knows! When I go out fishing I keep the the first 4 legal fish that I catch while the limit is 4, and the first 6 legal fish that I catch when the limit is 6. That only applies when the fish co-operate.
    This is only my personal preference and policy and opinion based on the following reason!

I have had a ODNR Fishery Biologist tell me that once hooked and fought to the boat there is a very good chance that a larger fish being an older fish will suffer a lot more stress damage than a smaller younger fish so much more stress that often times it is fatal with death coming in as little as a few seconds to as long as several days. That is why I keep the first legal limit that I catch and very seldom if ever continue to fish catch and release after reaching that limit. I to prefer the 20 to 22 inch fish to larger ones.