Is there a PM walleye bite in April? Is there a PM walleye bite in April? Is there a PM walleye bite in April? Is there a PM walleye bite in April?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Regs rule

Wakina, I agree with you. The thing that hurts fishing populations more are anglers who don't abide by the regulations. The walleye population must be pretty good for an amateur like myself to go out and have the season like I did last year. My first time jig fishing and I hauled in my fair share of limits. Then transitioned to trolling and cleaned up there as well. If a shmuck like me can go out and do pretty good then I have to think that the walleye are doing just fine. Hopefully, there are more law abiding guys and gals out there than those who take more than their share.

Post Thanks / Like

Either start your own thread or stay with the topic at hand.....P.M. fishing can be awsome !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go-Time View Post
    Either start your own thread or stay with the topic at hand.....P.M. fishing can be awsome !!!
    Agreed, I did get off topic and yes the PM bite can be great.

For safteys sake, It should be noted that it can be very lonely out there after dark with no or very few other boats close to you, the water will be very cold and anytype of boat flotation problems can become life threatening in a hurry. Cell phone use is patchy at best particuarly on the outer reefs so it is best to have a backup battery for your VHF radio and motor. In the spring there is always alot of junk floating around out there that can damage your boat such as trees/logs, plywood/timbers, utility poles. So do your home work before you venture out at night and have an alternate plan incase of trouble so you can return safely. We want to read your fishing report when you return and not a news report about when they found you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sorry about confusion

Sorry fellas what I meant to ask is there a afternoon jig bite 4:00PM to dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Default evening fishing

yes evening fishing is great to dark leave before it gets to dark so you get to marina safety, the fish move into 3 to 4 ft. of water right off the beaches, either maumee bay or the reefs,
    we fish all the time after work and limits are comom, same fishing jigs and minnows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default catch and release

So many of you get your feathers ruffled when someone doesnt do what you do. I simply stated my policy!! Do whatever you want, but have you ever ate a 10plus # fish yukkk!! I prefer to eat fish between 16 and 21 all year long not just in the spring but i get to fish more than most. So every! please keep all the big female sso our kids cant fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you do it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Walidave View Post
    So many of you get your feathers ruffled when someone doesnt do what you do. I simply stated my policy!! Do whatever you want, but have you ever ate a 10plus # fish yukkk!! I prefer to eat fish between 16 and 21 all year long not just in the spring but i get to fish more than most. So every! please keep all the big female sso our kids cant fish
    No offense, but if I only kept 16-21 inch walleye, I would never have any table fare. I only caught 4 fish last year under 21 inches. You will have to teach me how to catch these smaller fish. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truce

Time for a TRUCE!

Everyone please, just three things to remember if you fish the PM bite!
    Stay safe!
    Stay legal!
    Have Fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile truce

truce, AMEN, and great fishing to all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get a life

Dude, you need to chill out and get a life!