spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spring fishing

Default spring fishing

When does the jig fishing on the reefs start? I usaually don't start fishing until mid May but was wanting to try the jig fishing this year. Any advice on when to come would be appreciated.

Default Ice out

As soon as the ice is gone for safe navigation you can start jigging on the reefs for mostly jacks(male) walleyes, you can also slow trawl crank baits high in the water column for the big girls just off the reefs and in the deeper water surounding the reefs.

Is it safe to be out there in a 16 foot bowrider or is the water too violent?

eye v Guest

Thumbs down bringing them in

i have a 16 footer it handles the big lake pretty well just watch the forcast before you head up there

ok thanks for the info

Default Jiggin

We started last year on March 24th and did good and as it gets a bit warmer we really did good...This year soon as the Ice breaks which shouldn't be too long we will be fishing again.. Good luck

Default Ramp Location

I heard that Wild Wings was a good place to launch for the Spring Jigging, is this true or are there other ramps near the reefs? Thanks!!!!

Default The jig season brings out the good ol'guys

Hello,LOWE LIFE it's good to hear from you. I was wondering when you were going to come out of your igloo,hey we are going to be at lamberjacks this year, the 6-12th of may same place, stop over drink a beer,bs a little share some info. ps bring that good looking gal with you. Talk to ya later, pap

Default When to start jigging

jallen, Last year my first trip out was Mar. 27. There's no specific day,but more about water temp. and weather conditions that matter. My rule of thumb is ... if it's nice out go fishing,but that doesn't mean there ready to bite. You will catch fish early season, but you can have long cold days of fishing. An easy way to know when to get on the lake is watch the reports from the guys snagging on the maumee river bragging about getting limits...wait a week and it's on! I like to fish the real shallow the first few weeks until the lake warms a little.

Not sure of the first trip thinking april 15th time range. Jigging off ONWR between LaCarpe Creek and the Moose.