spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: spring fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
    Not sure of the first trip thinking april 15th time range. Jigging off ONWR between LaCarpe Creek and the Moose.
    Don't know if you tried this area last year or not, but there was nothing going on there. I tried in the area twice, no fish and no other boats around. Hope it's better this year. That's a lot shorter run for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bocajemma View Post
    Don't know if you tried this area last year or not, but there was nothing going on there. I tried in the area twice, no fish and no other boats around. Hope it's better this year. That's a lot shorter run for me.
    Fish it every year. Had good luck for me it's run out channel, and turn off motor. I fish most days, was harder last year but still productive. I normally only take fish to eat fresh till mid May, give a few away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
    Fish it every year. Had good luck for me it's run out channel, and turn off motor. I fish most days, was harder last year but still productive. I normally only take fish to eat fresh till mid May, give a few away.
    I tried the area just west of lake front. couldn't get anything going. Took most of my fish off the reefs. Just a strange year last year for that area. It usually produces, but seemed like the better fishing was west of the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pap

Good to hear from you my friend..I've been riding across our Lake all winter and now I'm ready to get some fish....I'll meet up with you guys again when you over this way...Hope you do better then last year with less boat probs...And yes I'll bring Brigette...Were getting Married in June on the Beach up their...I'll keep you posted on what's going on here,And enjoy some of the hate mail I get..LOL See you in a few...
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default lures in spring

guys sorry to hi jack a thread but im too new to post my own thread and it is relative. ill be trolling this year for eyes and need to set up a takle box for them i plan on trolling dispies and drifting worm harnesses
    my question is what do you consider MUST HAVE colors and lures i cant spend alot so im looking to you all
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Avoid the mess

Just my opinion, but avoid the mess and money of nightcrawlers and buy a handful of reef runners and in-line boards. You can fish from April to November, catch a lot of fish and avoid dirty hands and boat. If you do go with harnesses, use the Gulp Alive 6" floating nightcrawler. Works just as good as live worms.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Must Haves

Clear Jet Diver 20's and 10's. Stinger spoons (multiple colors), Flourocarbon line for leaders. Barrel swivels for leader line. Chrome and Blue Wiggle O's, 1 oz weight heads with propeller blades for trolling worm harnesses. And a array of others. Keep in mind it is a game of accumulation. Remember to tie a new knot every other fish.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

new knot! yep walley has big teeth thanks yeah ill be comming out of lamberjacks from april til may for the jig and then trolling the boarder east by middle as the weather gets warmer obviously. i think the census is purple haired jig in spring and MI stingers for trolling or so ive been told last year i went out on my friends boat ( he is set up for walleye trolling already) this year im setting up for trolling ( when the trolling is apropriate ) ill pick up some of the GULP 6 inchers thanks for the advice.
    so spoon colors? any to start with? and reef runners what size and color?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile spoon colors

your basics to start. copper. gold. silver. watermelon. go to netcraft.com and order there. buy the blade. treble hooks, O-Rings, Barrel Swivels. save a ton of money. You can make them for $1 each vs $3.50. Netcraft is located in Toledo, OH

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rr 800

For Reef Runners, you definitely want the 800 series. These are versatile enough to run just about any depths in the western basin and huron area. As for colors, I would start with an assortment that covers the ever changing water clarity conditions of lake erie. Copperhead, cheap sunglasses, eriedescent, purple eriedescent, blue chrome and a couple of brighter color combinations worked good for me last year. I bought a bunch at Cranberry Creek Marina last year because they run a six pack special but found out that I kept using the same 3 or 4 colors with continued success. Also, I tried the Trolls to 20 lures by Rapala last year and had some awesome catches. I recommend adding a couple of these in the black/silver and chartreuse/silver colors. Main thing about the Reef Runners is to always check whether the bait is running true every time you let it out.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by forefathers View Post
    new knot! yep walley has big teeth thanks yeah ill be comming out of lamberjacks from april til may for the jig and then trolling the boarder east by middle as the weather gets warmer obviously. i think the census is purple haired jig in spring and MI stingers for trolling or so ive been told last year i went out on my friends boat ( he is set up for walleye trolling already) this year im setting up for trolling ( when the trolling is apropriate ) ill pick up some of the GULP 6 inchers thanks for the advice.
    so spoon colors? any to start with? and reef runners what size and color?