Crane Creek ???????? Crane Creek ???????? Crane Creek ???????? Crane Creek ????????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crane Creek ????????

Whats the deal with access to Crane Creek this year???? I heard the Sheriffs turned the ice boats away last weekend and they posted a "No Motorized Vehicles Beyond this Point" sign. i.e. we will ticket ya!!!! I also heard they have laid large tree trunks across the NW access point between the parking area and beach blocking the standard access point. Let me know what you heard/seen. Something tells me the Sheriff don't want us there. It's been 2 years since Feb 7, 2009. I was there and they didnt help me. I drove off.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Probably first and foremost is that the area is no longer a State Park. It is now part of the Division of Wildlife. This changed a few years ago. Everyone will have to use either a State access area or a private area.

Post Thanks / Like

jig I heard the same thing on another sight but word has it that they have opened back up. A dud on other sight said he called crane creek and they said no thats not the case it same as last year they just want us to use one trail on and off the ice this year so it dont rut things up all over. So lets hope thats true, and for the park being closed I heard it was due to bad ice. I did hear another report that a dud made it out 2.1 miles and got of his quade and walked 50 foot and found ice that took one hit and was through. Spoked him and he went in. Its getting closer, pray for no wind and cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry crane creek is open, I mean really open

1/4 mile river of open water about 500 hundred yards off shore running as far as you can see both east and west, 1:00 pm. this afternoon, goes past besse than starts north east.

jproffitt10 Guest

Default Crane Creek

I spoke to wildlife manager a few days ago. In fact, he was removing logs to make five access points, one on either end of lots for airboats, three in middle for foot, ATV and sled traffic. I was out there, wrote short article for News Herald. Little traffic out there as of Thursday, but he said he expected a lot fo traffic this weekend.

PARK IS NOT CLOSED TO ANGLERS OR MOTRIZED TRAFFIC, fyi....