Catawba: Where the walleyes??? Catawba: Where the walleyes??? Catawba: Where the walleyes??? Catawba: Where the walleyes???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default Catawba: Where the walleyes???

3 of us went out on sunday about a mile and a half NW of catawba state park. Good ice, tons of shad, no walleye. So does anyone have a good explanation of whats goin on? Are the walleye not there or r they just not biting because theres tons of shad. Ive ice fished up there for 3 or 4 years and have never seen anything like that. Hopefully the fishin will pick up soon. Itd be real disappointing having good ice most of January and February but the fish just not cooperating. Well, i was just curious if anyone knew what the deal was with the walleye. Good fishin

bmatyas1 Guest

Question whats going on?

was out last fri and mlk day same spot as you , but i don't think the spot matters the shad are all over the region , i can't explain it why they are so thick but im guessing the eyes are eating well. time will tell . hope it clears up soon !

mrwalli Guest

Fished hard this past week from mouse 2 Camp Perry pulled fish but very slow. Bait (shad) is a major problem! Never seen so many at this time of season. Hope COLD temps kill them off soon so we can get our JIG ON!! Full moon is not helping eather!! I think this weekend it will kick off.
    Capt.John