great ice but no fish great ice but no fish great ice but no fish great ice but no fish
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default great ice but no fish

just spent the day on south bass and the ice is 12" but the fish are no where to be found the shad are so thick and everything that you see on the sonar are shad. in 8 hours of fishing we never saw anything chase the lure a really sad day. they say that the shad have never been so thick they attribute the problem to a early freeze that never let the lake turn over properly and other say that it is the algae bloom have given the shad the food to survive. whatever it is the wrong fish are everywhere up there and the walleye have not moved into the area yet. lets hope next month gets better. I had vowed to put the females back through the hole but that idea did not get tested. I would like to hear others thoughts about saving the best thing that lake erie has to offer - the walleye - how about stoping the harvisting of the fish during the spring spawn?

jproffitt10 Guest

Default Ice Fishing

Hey give me a call. Writing soem ice fishing articles and would like some info. Thanks. James 419 734 7506

Default same

buddy and i had exactly the same results on the 17th and the 18th. 2 days, 36 man hours, 1 21 inch walleye. and were told the same reasons that you listed by the capt. that we went with.

fishindude644 Guest

Default Same story on the michigan side.

Lots of hours put in but no fish to show for it.

Default slow fishing on erie

Quote Originally Posted by walleyewelch View Post
    just spent the day on south bass and the ice is 12" but the fish are no where to be found the shad are so thick and everything that you see on the sonar are shad. in 8 hours of fishing we never saw anything chase the lure a really sad day. they say that the shad have never been so thick they attribute the problem to a early freeze that never let the lake turn over properly and other say that it is the algae bloom have given the shad the food to survive. whatever it is the wrong fish are everywhere up there and the walleye have not moved into the area yet. lets hope next month gets better. I had vowed to put the females back through the hole but that idea did not get tested. I would like to hear others thoughts about saving the best thing that lake erie has to offer - the walleye - how about stoping the harvisting of the fish during the spring spawn?
    we had the same luck 4 times out in the island area did go from catawba to niagra BY AIRBOAT 5 of us caught 3 20 inchers 4 others sure were eyes lost in the holeor near.we fished till 2 crack opened between green and near sand beach200 yards wide .i commend you for putting the ladies back i posted some thoughts on stocking on odnr web take a look.

Default Lake rie west end

Quote Originally Posted by jproffitt10 View Post
    hey give me a call. Writing soem ice fishing articles and would like some info. Thanks. James 419 734 7506
    in the last weekthe air boat ice pirate and crew have bagged 82 eyes 4 days gettin good up here capt ed labounty

Default Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by capted17 View Post
    in the last weekthe air boat ice pirate and crew have bagged 82 eyes 4 days gettin good up here capt ed labounty
    CRANE CREEK AREA NEAR A CANhttp://CAPT ED LABOUNTY LAKE ERIE FISHING GUIDE

Default Ice

Quote Originally Posted by capted17 View Post
    ice is getting better but the snow may be an issueas always caution is the word air boat at least for a few more days is reccomended

Thumbs up

Capt Ed is a personal friend whom I have know for 20+ years. He is the person you want to book with to catch some fish. Ed doesn't take you fishing - he takes you to catch fish. He is one of the best fisherman I know and can always be counted on to go way above and beyond to make sure that his clients enjoy their experience. Ed is on the lake everyday and understands what it takes to put you on the fish.

Pz

Smile I concur

Ed is a good stick. I have had the pleasure of catching with Ed also. If you want a charter service he is an excellent choice