Catawba Ice Report??? Catawba Ice Report??? Catawba Ice Report??? Catawba Ice Report???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default Catawba Ice Report???

Plan on going out of Catawba state park on sunday, but only if the ice is decent. If anyone out there could give an updated report on the ice conditions and which directions to go or not to go, that would be appreciated. Basically, all i need to know is if there is relatively safe ice to go on just like a half mile out or so. Havent been up there this winter and don't wanna go up there if theres not safe ice. Any information is appreciated thanks hot-n-tot

Post Thanks / Like

Default cat ice

heading that way in morr...i ll let u know what i find out...there might be some one else let u know by then...but if not check back here tomm...i ll let u or all of u know..i hope the roads in morr.will be good..its a long way from whitehose to cat.island

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catawba

Took a ride out to see how many trucks and shantys were out. Seen some just off the park to the west and some further out to the NW of the point.
    Hope to be out soon.

hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default catawba ice

Man, ud sure think there would be some decent ice out there as cold as it's been. It's susposed to be really cold this weekend and in the mid 20's next week. Lows the next 2 or 3 nights are susposed to be near 0 with hardly any wind. That should help lock in the ice from going all too far. Im really hoping it freezes decent between catawba and south bass. Thats where the eyes are probably at. Well, any reports at all would be appreciated!
    Good luck everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice report

I heard ice is between 6" & 18". The trail is tough on equipment. Try to get to 22 fow.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

C Ya next week on the ice

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy cat ice

turn out to be a nice day ..not as windy as r great weathermen said...it was a cold rough ride out..slow rough ride ..made 4 diff moves.all kinds of shad ...no fish..glad i took food...going to give it a week. i m thinkin its just a little to eraly..i always started to get fish around my b day end of the month. thr only thing i can say is was better than sitting on the couch..yeah cabin has set in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    turn out to be a nice day ..not as windy as r great weathermen said...it was a cold rough ride out..slow rough ride ..made 4 diff moves.all kinds of shad ...no fish..glad i took food...going to give it a week. i m thinkin its just a little to eraly..i always started to get fish around my b day end of the month. thr only thing i can say is was better than sitting on the couch..yeah cabin has set in
    Where did you go out of.. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cool cat ice

we left out of CATAWBS STATE PARK...THRE TRAIL OUT WAS THERE BUT NOT TO DEFF..keep eyes open you will find it...good luch out there..might try sunday for some thing to do

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RUSS can't make it over there till mid to late next week. good luck on Sun., let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat

Gonna give Catawba a shot tmrw. Never made it out there last year and this shad problem seems to be a major issue all over the area. The eyes can eat a shad and not eat for a week so i'm sure its making the fish tough and might even be influencing unusual migratory patterns due to their food source being so plentiful. Hopefully these shad die off and fishing picks up. Good luck fellas does anyone have and reports of any action out in front of the marshes.